Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• affidavit of support for K-1 visa

hello,
    I am writing a petition for a K-1 visa for my fiancé. I am currently living in her country with her. I am working from my computer doing job estimates for my family construction company back home in the US. I will be needing an affidavit of support for my fiancé I-129f petition and at the moment I am being paid $15 an hour at around 20 hours a week. when I return home I will be back to my original wage with my families company at $18.75 an hour at 40+ hours a week. my parents are willing to be co-sponsors on an affidavit of support and they are well above the minimum requirements, and when me and my fiancé return home we will be living at the same residence as my parents for the time she is going through the green card process. I have read that co-sponsors are possible but it can be an issue. so my question is: If we can prove that my residence is the same as my parents and the co-sponsors themselves will also be my parents (who meet all the financial requirements well above the minimum income), will this be an eligible affidavit of support? and if so how would I file my affidavit with a co-sponsor? would it be 1 affidavit with my income and a second with my parents?

thank you

Co sponsor

I just did my affidavit of support with a Co sponsor. All your Co sponsor needs is be above the income guidelines with any dependents and your wife included. Their income taxes returns determines that. Also pay attention and use the correct form for yourself and the one for your parents. Its the I-864ez for you and I-864 for them.

I was successful and heard from them in under two weeks.. Good luck

Comment

W2 and 1040

good day, i just want to ask is it ok if i only have the 1040 of my fiance he is a self employed in his own business .. Do i still need his w2 for my interview for k1 visa my interview is on wed.. thanks..

Comment

Your fiancee needs to provide you the I-134, copy of 2013 Federal income tax return, W2 copies, employment verification letter, a few recent paystubs and bank statements.

Without copies of W2's and/or 1099 forms, the reviewer sees only what you put on your 1040, with no third-party proof of original income.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Guinevere O. Nadal View Post
        good day, i just want to ask is it ok if i only have the 1040 of my fiance he is a self employed in his own business .. Do i still need his w2 for my interview for k1 visa my interview is on wed.. thanks..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X