Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to L1A Renewal

Hello All,

I am so thankful that we all have this great website to post questions and answers.

I am currently in the US with L1B Visa, My Visa is already expired on June 2014 but I am having a valid I94 until Aug 2016. Given this situation, I need to go to India and get my family here. My company told me that USCIS may reject my extension because I already have a valid I94 for the next 2 years.

My Legal Team has advised me to apply for L1A Renewal. For this I will need to schedule an interview in India. My current designation is Program Manager and I am on US Payroll with 89,000 K. I have 16 Direct reportees both onshore and offshore, Indirect Reportees None, I will work at Client Place.

With the above information provided, please let me know if I would be at risk to get the Visa. I am aware that my designation will save me, but I am skeptical about the 89,000 k salary and I have read that working at client place is a disadvantage (Is it True?). Please advise if this salary information will suffice for this role and is there anything else that I need to know before going to the Interview.

Thanks
    Last edited by burrows_savio15; 09-12-2014, 09:00 PM.

Originally posted by burrows_savio15 View Post
    Hello All,

I am so thankful that we all have this great website to post questions and answers.

I am currently in the US with L1B Visa, My Visa is already expired on June 2014 but I am having a valid I94 until Aug 2016. Given this situation, I need to go to India and get my family here. My company told me that USCIS may reject my extension because I already have a valid I94 for the next 2 years.

My Legal Team has advised me to apply for L1A Renewal. For this I will need to schedule an interview in India. My current designation is Program Manager and I am on US Payroll with 89,000 K. I have 16 Direct reportees both onshore and offshore, Indirect Reportees None, I will work at Client Place.

With the above information provided, please let me know if I would be at risk to get the Visa. I am aware that my designation will save me, but I am skeptical about the 89,000 k salary and I have read that working at client place is a disadvantage (Is it True?). Please advise if this salary information will suffice for this role and is there anything else that I need to know before going to the Interview.

Thanks
    When is your 5th Year on L1B completing?

Well there are no hard and fast rule around designation or salary. There are many other factors that would need to be looked into, of course, the VO would most likely question on Number of reportees, their designation, reporting hierarchy, salary.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      When is your 5th Year on L1B completing?

Well there are no hard and fast rule around designation or salary. There are many other factors that would need to be looked into, of course, the VO would most likely question on Number of reportees, their designation, reporting hierarchy, salary.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for your response, I just completed 3 years on June 2014. I am more concerned working at the client site because all the forum have mentioned that working at client site is a disadvantage is that true ? Raghvi, one more question I have is, when they did my L1B Visa in 2011, I was a Associate Manager and later got promoted as Manager/Senior Manager. VO might ask me for how long have been in this position, this question seems to be very tricky. In 2011 I was as Associate Manager (Managing People), managing people and after 6 month of my L1B got approved I got promoted as Manager, which is 2.5 years from now...what is the best answer to the VO if he asks me when for how long I have been in the managerial position? The reason I am asking this question is because, the VO might ask me why your company did not process L1A 3years back instead of L1B

Thanks
      Dominic
      Last edited by burrows_savio15; 09-13-2014, 10:50 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X