K1 visa income requirement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 visa income requirement question

Hi I had a question about the income requirements for a K1 visa. I want to marry my Dutch fiancee and had a few questions regarding income requirements. In 2011 andmost of 2012 I was in the military so looking back at those years I was steadily employed but October 2012 I got out and had a year of transition, worked a minimum wage job for a while and then another slightly minimum wage job after I quit the first so I wasn't consistently employed in 2013. Is this going to be an issue? I have been going to school on the GI Bill for all of 2014($1400 a month on that) and now I'm working as a contractor and freelancer making more money(close to 300$ a week if not more) will that be enough to get the K1 approved? Should I get a lawyer for this case?

A lawyer won't be able to boost your income to meet the sponsorship requirements.

Go with what you have proof of in recent income, and it should annualize to meet income requirements for a K1 visa, which is less than requirements for an immigrant visa.

--Ray B

Originally posted by JJG3 View Post
    Hi I had a question about the income requirements for a K1 visa. I want to marry my Dutch fiancee and had a few questions regarding income requirements. In 2011 andmost of 2012 I was in the military so looking back at those years I was steadily employed but October 2012 I got out and had a year of transition, worked a minimum wage job for a while and then another slightly minimum wage job after I quit the first so I wasn't consistently employed in 2013. Is this going to be an issue? I have been going to school on the GI Bill for all of 2014($1400 a month on that) and now I'm working as a contractor and freelancer making more money(close to 300$ a week if not more) will that be enough to get the K1 approved? Should I get a lawyer for this case?

Comment

GI Bill

Originally posted by JJG3 View Post
      Hey i just wanted to know how case went and whether or not they counted the GI bill as income. My fiancee has an interview next month i'm combining my GI bill from last year $10,000 and my other income of 17,800.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X