Passport renewal for Child in USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport renewal for Child in USA

My daughter's Indian passport and I94 is expiring on Nov-15-2014. My L1A VISA extension is applied and waiting to know my status. When I check with NY BLS passport service they are saying my status is considered as out of status and I need to first get the valid approved documents before I can apply passport for my daughter. Is that true? If i dont know my status before Nov-15-2014 does my daughter need to leave the country ? If anyone has same experience in the past please advice.

Update from BLS Passport service

I tried reaching the BLS Service NY through phone, never able to catch them in phone. So emailed them to clarify whether I will be able to apply passport for my daughter with my situation. Still they are not answering clearly in email. But I have figured out is....

If the applicant having valid VISA & I-94 then you can apply for passport renewal. But if the applicant is minor they need to submit valid documents of parents. If either of parent is in out of status (visa & I-94 expired but applied extension) then you need to get Out of status affidavit notarized along with 2 witnesses passport & green card copies and 7 copies of nationality verification form with original photos in it.

In my case my daughter's VISA also expired but she has I-94 valid till Nov-15-2014. So I asked them do you consider this case as No Status ? but never got an answer from BLS service. They simply replied same statement on how to handle No-Status applicant.

At the same time in the BLS checklist its mentioned that for NY region applicant with No status has NO SERVICE.

At last I think I have to send my daughter back to India before passport expires and I will have to continue waiting to know my petition status.

I could have applied premium processing but waited for 5 months and there is no point in applying premium now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X