Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can work for another company with expired L1b visa but valid I-94.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can work for another company with expired L1b visa but valid I-94.

Hi,

My L1b visa has expired few months ago but my I-94 is valid for 3 more years. I wanted to know can I work for another company if they give me H1b or L1b visa till my I-94 gets expired?

Thanks

Originally posted by l1bvisa83 View Post
    Hi,

My L1b visa has expired few months ago but my I-94 is valid for 3 more years. I wanted to know can I work for another company if they give me H1b or L1b visa till my I-94 gets expired?

Thanks
    Its not as easy as that. Even though you have an I-94, your current status is L1B. This way you are allowed to work only with L1B employer till I-94 expiry/5 Years stay in L1B completed whichever is earlier.

In order to get L1B Status from another company, you should have worked for that company's non US subsidiary, outside US for at least 1 Year in last 3 Years.

In order to get H1B from another employer, if it is a for profit employer, they have to wait till 01-April-2015 to apply, and if approved, the earliest you can work with them is Oct 2015.

If you have option to work with current employer then advisable to continue doing so, and in parallel find another employer willing to sponsor your H1 in April 2015, and if everything goes well join th enext employer from Oct 2015.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you so much raghvi !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X