UK transit visa help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK transit visa help needed

I'm traveling to India from the US for my H1B stamping. I'm planning to go via UK (LHR) . I have only 2 hours layover for the connecting flight to India and will not need to check-in my bags again so should not go through UK Border Control. I am already on H1B visa, but my passport does not have the stamp for that category. My F1 visa on the passport expires in 2015. Is my visa valid to qualify for a transit visa exemption or should I get a air side transit visa?

and my wife is traveling with me to India from the US for her H1B renewal on 11-20-2014. She is already on H1B visa and has valid I-797 until 2017, but her passport does not have any valid stamp right now, last H1B visa on passport expired on 08-20-2014. Is her visa valid to qualify for a transit visa exemption or she should get a air side transit visa as well?

can someone please advise!

Comment

Originally posted by ankitmittal View Post
      can someone please advise!
      I would suggest to avoid London route.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        I would suggest to avoid London route.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

I already booked my tickets and they are non refundable.

Comment

any suggestions?

Comment

I am in the same boat. I have a valid F1 stamped in my passport but I am currently on H4 status. I am travelling to India after more than six month since I entered the US. I applied for Direct Airside Transit Visa but I have not heard anything from them. I am flying in two weeks and hence I am thinking of withdrawing my application if I do not need the visa.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X