Ranting(?) & Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranting(?) & Questions

I have been reading on some things about getting your fiancee from Philippines (currently she works in Singapore) to America and it seems governments want to make it difficult for people to be together. Not up for them to decide the freedom of human beings who soundly are trying to be together before age affects things (like having a family). And then to charge people money to ask questions about their lives is preposterous! Now I have been reading a lot of things about this and a lot of red flags in their flawed system come up that I need some clarification on... and this is just the beginning.

First it seems I have to contact some US Embassy place thing to "interview" my fiancee, hundreds of miles from their building. How am I supposed to do that? I can not afford to fly out there again to do something an email can (as if anyone even reads emails in the governments). I just can not find any information on how they want me to contact them about this other than walk in an make an appointment. They think I am made of money?

Then the interview questions. One possibility is "where is the wedding ceremony"? What? If she comes to America, we have no money for anything like that. We be going to a local courthouse. Is that acceptable? Do we have to tell friends and family?

They also want proof. Pictures are to be of how old exactly? Phone bills? Who can afford that? We use free online services like Skype (when it works). Emails? What, they want to know intimate thoughts?

Oh, and will they decline her freedom to coming to live with me because one of us are so nervous by their intimation from power abusing that we get questions wrong? Who are they to dictate that we should or should not be together.

They want my assesses? I rent. I own a single car. I afford food. Not everyone can be rich. Why prevent this because I do not own a house or boat or stocks? I can support someone living with me. They should not make that determination.

I am angry at humans who think they can dictate how people should be together.

So I am looking for someone to help clarify some of these questions for me please as I am ripped about this. I just want to bring someone I love and loves me (yes, we do and she not after the money to which I do not have) as soon as possible so we can start having a family because, again, age is on the ticker. We actually met accidentally and never intended to get to know each other as time went on.

Renting a lawyer???? Costs $400 just to talk to one on the phone!

What information would you need to help me figure some of these things out? I am just stuck.

Thank you.

No One,

Your concerns are about requirements that are not quite as strict or demanding as you are making out. If you haven't gone through this procedure at least once before (and most guys have not), you may encounter much misinformation about how the process work. I'll try to respond to each of your issues below, in CAPS:

Originally posted by NoOneShouldStopLove View Post
    I have been reading on some things about getting your fiancee from Philippines (currently she works in Singapore) to America and it seems governments want to make it difficult for people to be together. Not up for them to decide the freedom of human beings who soundly are trying to be together before age affects things (like having a family). And then to charge people money to ask questions about their lives is preposterous! Now I have been reading a lot of things about this and a lot of red flags in their flawed system come up that I need some clarification on... and this is just the beginning.

WOULD YOU PREFER THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON FROM A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE U.S. WITHOUT ANY FEES OR PROTOCOLS?

First it seems I have to contact some US Embassy place thing to "interview" my fiancee, hundreds of miles from their building. How am I supposed to do that? I can not afford to fly out there again to do something an email can (as if anyone even reads emails in the governments). I just can not find any information on how they want me to contact them about this other than walk in an make an appointment. They think I am made of money?

IT IS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SET THE INTERVIEW DATE FOR YOUR FIANCEE. ONCE HER PAPERWORK HAS REACHED THE EMBASSY AND SHE HAS PAID THE VISA FEE ($265), SHE GOES ONLINE TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW DATE.

Then the interview questions. One possibility is "where is the wedding ceremony"? What? If she comes to America, we have no money for anything like that. We be going to a local courthouse. Is that acceptable? Do we have to tell friends and family?

PERHAPS THE INTERVIEWER ASKS THESE QUESTIONS TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW SERIOUS OR WELL-PLANNED YOUR MARRIAGE PLANS MIGHT BE.

They also want proof. Pictures are to be of how old exactly? Phone bills? Who can afford that? We use free online services like Skype (when it works). Emails? What, they want to know intimate thoughts?

OF COURSE PROOF OF MEETING AND OF AN ONGOING RELATIONSHIP ARE EXPECTED BY BOTH USCIS AND THE EMBASSY. HOW ELSE WILL THEY KNOW THAT YOUR INTENTIONS ARE SINCERE AND THAT YOU HAVE MET IN PERSON?

Oh, and will they decline her freedom to coming to live with me because one of us are so nervous by their intimation from power abusing that we get questions wrong? Who are they to dictate that we should or should not be together.

THE INTERVIEWER HAS A JOB TO DO, JUST LIKE YOU PROBABLY HAVE A JOB TO DO. WITH THE INTERVEWER, HE MUST DECIDE WHETHER YOUR GAL IS JUST USING YOU TO GET A GREEN CARD, OR WHETHER SHE IS SERIOUS ENOUGH TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT YOU, YOUR BACKGROUND AND YOUR FAMILY.

They want my assesses? I rent. I own a single car. I afford food. Not everyone can be rich. Why prevent this because I do not own a house or boat or stocks? I can support someone living with me. They should not make that determination.

THE NONIMMIGRANT VISA AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, I-134, ASKS THESE QUESTIONS TO HAVE A PROFILE OF YOUR SPONSORSHIP ABILITY. ALL THAT REALLY COUNTS IS YOUR INCOME AND THAT YOU FILED A TAX RETURN LAST YEAR.

I am angry at humans who think they can dictate how people should be together.

CHANNEL YOUR ANGER CONSTRUCTIVELY AND BE HAPPY.

So I am looking for someone to help clarify some of these questions for me please as I am ripped about this. I just want to bring someone I love and loves me (yes, we do and she not after the money to which I do not have) as soon as possible so we can start having a family because, again, age is on the ticker. We actually met accidentally and never intended to get to know each other as time went on.

I'LL BE GLAD T ANSWER ANY SERIOUS QUESTIONS YOU CAN ASK.

Renting a lawyer???? Costs $400 just to talk to one on the phone!

MOST ATTORNEYS HAVE TO CHARGE AT LEAST A TOKEN FEE TO AVOID SPENDING ALL THEIR TIME GIVING OUT FREE INFORMATION WHILE THEY STILL HAVE TO PAY BILLS AND REPAY THEIR STUDENT LOANS THAT HELPED THEM BECOME LAWYERS. $100 TO $200 IS A MORE COMMON INFORMATIONAL FEE, MORE IF YOU TAKE UP AN HOUR OF OFFICE TIME IN PERSON.

What information would you need to help me figure some of these things out? I am just stuck.

HOW ARE YOU STUCK? HAVE YOU MET IN PERSON? THEN FILL OUT THE I-129F AND G-325A AND SUBMIT YOUR PAPERWORK TO USCIS.

Thank you.

Comment

I be replying back shortly. Not forgotten about my post.

Thank you.

Comment

Rocco,

Your concerns are not particularly difficult to overcome. The Embassy doesn't care where you plan to marry. If you don't provide proof of marriage within 90 days of a K1 visa entrance to the U.S., she won't get her Green Card. A civil license and ceremony in most jurisdictions in the U.S. will cost around $100-$200.

Your proof of meeting in person within two years must be third-party documentation and credible: copies of our passport pages, travel itineraries, hotel and resort receipts, photos of you together. Proof of ongoing relationship can include copies of email messages, chat logs, etc.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Rocco123
        IT IS NOT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SET THE INTERVIEW DATE FOR YOUR FIANCEE. ONCE HER PAPERWORK HAS REACHED THE EMBASSY AND SHE HAS PAID THE VISA FEE ($265), SHE GOES ONLINE TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW DATE.

PERHAPS THE INTERVIEWER ASKS THESE QUESTIONS TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW SERIOUS OR WELL-PLANNED YOUR MARRIAGE PLANS MIGHT BE.

Comment

Ray,

"Your proof of meeting in person within two years must be third-party documentation and credible: copies of our passport pages, travel itineraries, hotel and resort receipts, photos of you together. Proof of ongoing relationship can include copies of email messages, chat logs, etc."

Why? They want to see personal things we say to each other? They want to judge?

"WOULD YOU PREFER THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON FROM A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE U.S. WITHOUT ANY FEES OR PROTOCOLS?"

They should be less strict for the serious people. They have no right to assume everyone is "evil."

"PERHAPS THE INTERVIEWER ASKS THESE QUESTIONS TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW SERIOUS OR WELL-PLANNED YOUR MARRIAGE PLANS MIGHT BE."

"OF COURSE PROOF OF MEETING AND OF AN ONGOING RELATIONSHIP ARE EXPECTED BY BOTH USCIS AND THE EMBASSY. HOW ELSE WILL THEY KNOW THAT YOUR INTENTIONS ARE SINCERE AND THAT YOU HAVE MET IN PERSON?"

Perhaps they should not be interfering into the personal lives of other people and haggle for money we not have. Do I trust them not to let my over due school loans be the reason they deny us because I was laid off a few years ago and struggling since?

How am I going to prove to these people, who think they have the right to control my future, of my intentions? Unless I have tens of thousands of dollars, I fear they will deny us. I have a few bucks. The relationship should not be based on paying them money.

"THE INTERVIEWER HAS A JOB TO DO, JUST LIKE YOU PROBABLY HAVE A JOB TO DO. WITH THE INTERVEWER, HE MUST DECIDE WHETHER YOUR GAL IS JUST USING YOU TO GET A GREEN CARD, OR WHETHER SHE IS SERIOUS ENOUGH TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT YOU, YOUR BACKGROUND AND YOUR FAMILY."

Why should I trust the interviewer if they can not trust us?

"THE NONIMMIGRANT VISA AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, I-134, ASKS THESE QUESTIONS TO HAVE A PROFILE OF YOUR SPONSORSHIP ABILITY. ALL THAT REALLY COUNTS IS YOUR INCOME AND THAT YOU FILED A TAX RETURN LAST YEAR."

Since I was laid off after 15 years, my credit went from 800s to 300s. I used my 401k (now empty-ish) to pay rent. I am in default on school loans because I use every cent I have for the bare necessities and creditors hound me and plan to garnish my few bucks of wages because I can not find a real job. Am stuck as a temp contractor and I apply to places every week for three years. I owe on taxes for two years because I not make enough money for the government to milk me of my hard earned cash for their pockets. So, we disqualify and will suffer life without ever meeting now?

"USCIS"
          These people? uscis.gov?

Yes, I am angry finding out things from other failed instances from other people who have tried mainly revolving around money. Those relationships could not survive much longer after 2-3 long distance because plane tickets are not cheap. And this is right?

Comment

NoOne Guy,

My principal complaint about how USCIS and the NVC operate is that they make human errors and their timeframes are unpredictable. Beyond that, I can't complain about service I have received with the two spousal procedures I have done in my own history with INS, now USCIS, over the last 28 years.

I had an associate whose report of a deceased wife was questioned because he could not come up with a death certificate for his Japanese wife who had died in an airline accident in Saudi Arabia about 30 years ago. He finally had to provide a roster of those in attendance at his wife's funeral and a photo of her gravestone to convince USCIS that his first wife was dead before they would approve his current spousal petition. That took his petition about 13 months for approval, rather than the normal 8-month spousal visa procedure commonly completed by other folks at that time. Now that was a problem for him, not his fear (like you) that reading his email copies and seeing his lack of financial proof is an invasion of his privacy.

But your ranting and questioning my responses in a "Devils Advocate" frame suggests more of an emotional catharsis from you than a realistic complaint about how visas are processed and issued. If your gal is in Vietnam or Cambodia and your are a White guy, you are very likely to have a fiancee or spousal visa denied at the actual Embassy interview, unlike most other Embassies. At the Manila Embassy, for example, the rate of approval for fiancee visa is so high (but not visitor visas), that a job at McDonalds's flipping burgers will almost guarantee approval for a visa.

Your credit history is not part of the sponsorship review by the NVC or the processing Embassy. They haven't the slightest interest in your FICO score or student loan repayment issues.

Since you are applying for a nonimmigrant fiancee visa, which is issued on a discretionary basis, one must expect some documentation barriers to enable USCIS staff to sign off on your petition and move it to the next desk.

--Ray B

Ray,

"Your proof of meeting in person within two years must be third-party documentation and credible: copies of our passport pages, travel itineraries, hotel and resort receipts, photos of you together. Proof of ongoing relationship can include copies of email messages, chat logs, etc."

Why? They want to see personal things we say to each other? They want to judge?

"WOULD YOU PREFER THAT EVERY SINGLE PERSON FROM A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE U.S. WITHOUT ANY FEES OR PROTOCOLS?"

They should be less strict for the serious people. They have no right to assume everyone is "evil."

"PERHAPS THE INTERVIEWER ASKS THESE QUESTIONS TO GET AN IDEA OF HOW SERIOUS OR WELL-PLANNED YOUR MARRIAGE PLANS MIGHT BE."

"OF COURSE PROOF OF MEETING AND OF AN ONGOING RELATIONSHIP ARE EXPECTED BY BOTH USCIS AND THE EMBASSY. HOW ELSE WILL THEY KNOW THAT YOUR INTENTIONS ARE SINCERE AND THAT YOU HAVE MET IN PERSON?"

Perhaps they should not be interfering into the personal lives of other people and haggle for money we not have. Do I trust them not to let my over due school loans be the reason they deny us because I was laid off a few years ago and struggling since?

How am I going to prove to these people, who think they have the right to control my future, of my intentions? Unless I have tens of thousands of dollars, I fear they will deny us. I have a few bucks. The relationship should not be based on paying them money.

"THE INTERVIEWER HAS A JOB TO DO, JUST LIKE YOU PROBABLY HAVE A JOB TO DO. WITH THE INTERVEWER, HE MUST DECIDE WHETHER YOUR GAL IS JUST USING YOU TO GET A GREEN CARD, OR WHETHER SHE IS SERIOUS ENOUGH TO KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT YOU, YOUR BACKGROUND AND YOUR FAMILY."

Why should I trust the interviewer if they can not trust us?

"THE NONIMMIGRANT VISA AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, I-134, ASKS THESE QUESTIONS TO HAVE A PROFILE OF YOUR SPONSORSHIP ABILITY. ALL THAT REALLY COUNTS IS YOUR INCOME AND THAT YOU FILED A TAX RETURN LAST YEAR."

Since I was laid off after 15 years, my credit went from 800s to 300s. I used my 401k (now empty-ish) to pay rent. I am in default on school loans because I use every cent I have for the bare necessities and creditors hound me and plan to garnish my few bucks of wages because I can not find a real job. Am stuck as a temp contractor and I apply to places every week for three years. I owe on taxes for two years because I not make enough money for the government to milk me of my hard earned cash for their pockets. So, we disqualify and will suffer life without ever meeting now?

"USCIS"
            These people? uscis.gov?

Yes, I am angry finding out things from other failed instances from other people who have tried mainly revolving around money. Those relationships could not survive much longer after 2-3 long distance because plane tickets are not cheap. And this is right?

Comment

I have tried calling these people but the automated system keeps disconnecting me when I hit 0. None of the options is blabbers about make sense. I just want a human to speak to. Do you know of a way other than their 800#?

Comment

Schedule an "INFOPASS" in person appointment through the following link:

--Ray B

[QUOTE=NoOneShouldStopLove;382780]I have tried calling these people but the automated system keeps disconnecting me when I hit 0. None of the options is blabbers about make sense. I just want a human to speak to. Do you know of a way other than their 800#?

Comment

Ray....

Here is the scoop on why I feel I am going to be denied, even though I can survive still with what I got and can take care of someone else too

I owe taxes since my 2011 layoff. Paying $25 monthly.
                  Can not find proper work. Stuck as a temp with no real position or insurance and teenage wages.
                  School loans in default.
                  Credit destroyed since layoff, 800s down to 300s.
                  Food stamps (only $18 a month).
                  Got a Safelink phone from government program.

Will this government still have an issue with the VISA process?

Comment

If your employment status pays enough to meet the sponsorship requirements ($20,000 annual for both of you), and you have proof of meeting in person, there is no reason to expect a denial when your gal is interviewed fro her visa.

As far as the other issues you describe, these have no direct impact on the immigration requirements.

--Ray B

Ray....

Here is the scoop on why I feel I am going to be denied, even though I can survive still with what I got and can take care of someone else too

I owe taxes since my 2011 layoff. Paying $25 monthly.
                    Can not find proper work. Stuck as a temp with no real position or insurance and teenage wages.
                    School loans in default.
                    Credit destroyed since layoff, 800s down to 300s.
                    Food stamps (only $18 a month).
                    Got a Safelink phone from government program.

Will this government still have an issue with the VISA process?

Comment

I forgot.... What about child support? I have three kids, from divorce (unfortunately but I moved on after some years), but they not live with me.

Thanks, Ray. Your answers are easier to take in that the dozens of pages from their websites with all the techno babble. I can tell you how to modify a warp core but this stuff is confusing.

Comment

For the fiancee visa procedure, the I-134, Affidavit of Support, asks for information about anyone for whom you provide partial or full support (Page 2, #8).

For a spousal visa or Adjustment of Status, child support does not come up at all, unless you are showing children as dependents on your tax returns, and you then are expected to include them in your household member count for sponsorship income requirement.

Sometimes reviewers at the Embassy might ask for a notarized statement from other parent that you are current with child support payments. But that doesn't come up too often.

Modifying a "warp core" sounds like a highly marketable skill. I bet you have full attention of everyone at the party when that subject comes up.

--Ray B

I forgot.... What about child support? I have three kids, from divorce (unfortunately but I moved on after some years), but they not live with me.

Thanks, Ray. Your answers are easier to take in that the dozens of pages from their websites with all the techno babble. I can tell you how to modify a warp core but this stuff is confusing.

Comment

So much money involved....

Not that any of these things will happen, but I have been reading on many boards and many people had questions that were never answered.

> Is it easier, faster, and/or cheaper to marry a female in her own country first, and get her to America and marry her here as well?
                          > If she were pregnant (NO, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!), does that get her in sooner so the child can be born in America as a citizen like the father?
                          > What happens if application denied? Do they let us fix what they see as issues, or make you wait 6-12 months to try again like the DMV?

Just answers I could not find online.

I have tried to find these answers through their phone line, but they seem clueless for some reason and put me on hold a lot.

Thanks. Your information has been helpful.

Comment

Noone Guy,

Please see my responses to your questions below:

So much money involved....

Not that any of these things will happen, but I have been reading on many boards and many people had questions that were never answered.

> Is it easier, faster, and/or cheaper to marry a female in her own country first, and get her to America and marry her here as well?

NOPE. IT'S NOT EASIER, NOT FASTER, AND MAKES NO SENSE MARRYING TWICE, ONCE YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN MARRIED.

> If she were pregnant (NO, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!), does that get her in sooner so the child can be born in America as a citizen like the father?

THE CHILD CAN BE BORN WHEREVER THE MOTHER DECIDES TO DELIVER. BEING PREGNANT WILL NOT GET HER A FASTER VISA, AND MIGHT RESULT IN HER BEING DENIED FLYING BECAUSE OF ADVANCED PREGNANCY.

> What happens if application denied? Do they let us fix what they see as issues, or make you wait 6-12 months to try again like the DMV?

APPLICATIONS ARE NOT DENIED, EXCEPT FOR SUSPICION OF FRAUD. FOR OTHER DELAY REASONS, YOU WILL BE GIVEN OPTIONS FOR PROVIDING NEEDED ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE (SPONSORSHIP PROOF, BETTER DOCUMENTS, ETC.).

Just answers I could not find online.

I have tried to find these answers through their phone line, but they seem clueless for some reason and put me on hold a lot.

Thanks. Your information has been helpful.

Comment

I tried to read this bit but could not find it properly...

Is the meeting within two years for the fiance VISA:
                              > Two years since started talking, with one meeting in there.
                              > Two years from first physical meeting?

It was my understanding that we would be able to apply one year from first started talking, with only one meeting face to face in there (due to money restraints as neither of us rich, once was all that can be done).

Am I making sense?

Thankfully, the government has not had my frustrating on their rules towards them about this lately... been focusing on bloody tax season, and waiting for the next season of Doctor Who.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X