Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved H1B petition, filling DS160 form

Hi,

I have a query regarding filling DS160 form for H1B stamping. We need to provide ‘Surname’ and ‘Given name’ same as of in passport; and both of these fields are mandatory.

In my passport, my name is mentioned as below:
    Given Name: ABC XYZ
    Surname: <This is blank>

However, in my work permit approval notice (I797B), beneficiary name is mentioned as: XYZ, ABC
    ==> Which as per my understanding will be correct as XYZ has been taken as my last name (surname); and ABC as my First name. Even all of my educational documents have name as ABC XYZ.

I have 2 approaches now before filling DS160 form:
    1. I should go for bifurcation and get my name corrected as below in passport:
    Given Name: ABC
    Surname: XYZ

I do not want to keep my ‘Surname' as blank in passport as this will further lead to my name being “Mrs FNU ABC XYZ” in all other US related documents which will create issues while filing for SSN and license when I will be in US.

(1.1) In case I apply for bifurcation, new passport will be issued. Will they return back the old passport with cancelled stamp to me or will they keep that passport with themselves?
    (1.2) In DS160, which passport number I should provide - old one which was used for filing H1B visa and petition; or shall I provide new passport number?
    (1.3) The documents which were used for filing H1B and the petition which has been approved; does any of these documents need to be updated with new passport number?

2. I should not go for bifurcation as of now and go for H1B stamping. They will issue my visa with name as “Mrs FNU ABC XYZ”. After entering US, I get my name and other documents corrected.
    (2.1) Will there be any issues in case I go for stamping with Blank “Surname” in Passport? Can they reject my stamping and tell me to get the name corrected in passport?
    (2.1) While filling DS160 form, do I need to provide exactly the same first name and surname as in my passport?
    ==> which is as below:
    Given Name: ABC XYZ
    Surname: <Blank>

Or can I also provide the correct name which is as per my I797B form?
    ==> which is XYZ, ABC
    Hence, in DS160, Given Name: ABC
    Surname: XYZ

Could you please let me know which approach will be best for me? And guide me for my relevant doubts as stated above.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X