Secondary evidence for petitioners birth certificate during I-130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary evidence for petitioners birth certificate during I-130

I am filing I-130 for my mother. My birth certificate has the following deficiencies.
    1. My name missing
    2. My mother's last name was initial not full.
    To provide secondary evidence, I have affidavits of support from my uncles. These affidavits were procured almost 18 years ago when I was filing for my own green card then. My uncles are still alive.
    Will a very old affidavit cause any issues ? Or do you suggest me to acquire new affidavits

You need better evidence than relative affidavits. In what country were you born? That alone may drive the types of secondary evidence documents that would be acceptable by USCIS.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sud4017 View Post
    I am filing I-130 for my mother. My birth certificate has the following deficiencies.
    1. My name missing
    2. My mother's last name was initial not full.
    To provide secondary evidence, I have affidavits of support from my uncles. These affidavits were procured almost 18 years ago when I was filing for my own green card then. My uncles are still alive.
    Will a very old affidavit cause any issues ? Or do you suggest me to acquire new affidavits

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      You need better evidence than relative affidavits. In what country were you born? That alone may drive the types of secondary evidence documents that would be acceptable by USCIS.

--Ray B
      I was born in India. Also, should the secondary evidence be signed First Class magistrate or notarization is good enough.
      Last edited by sud4017; 09-19-2014, 08:52 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X