Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Asylum interview date at SFO office

Hi There,
    I have applied my asylum case in political back ground on November 1st week 2013, I had my biometrics done on 2nd week of November 2014 and EAD received on May 2nd week 2014 but I have not been called for the interview yet. I knew some people who applied in the same back ground after 6 months but they all had their interview with in 3 months time. I was in L1 status for 1 year but I did file my case with in a year time frame. Now I am in Dilemma that how long will it take to receive a call from the AO. I heard and read in the news paper that the applicant who applied with in Oct 2012 till Oct 2013, their application is not in the process to open the file. But in my case, My receipt was accepted on 4th of November 2013, which is out of the mentioned date.
    Could any one update in the issue regarding the application process in SFO asylum office.

Thank you for your help.
    Cricket123456

I can't answer your specific question directly. But I know from firsthand experience that there are immigration attorneys who have been submitting frivolous asylum requests in Bay Area just to buy time for clients. One in particular that I recall is of a Chinese-American attorney who sought "one-child basis" asylum for Chinese women clients. The case was almost immediately deemed frivolous, but gained the client about 18 months of free time in the U.S. until her hearing in Immigration Court came up. By then she had found and married a U.S. citizen.

At various times in the last three decades, INS and then USCIS encouraged similar asylum claims, no matter how frivolus or lacking in merit, for poliical reasons. It works in the reverse, also. During a "warming" period of U.S.-Afghan relations (before "911"), asylum claims by Afghans who feared Taliban violence in their home provinces were rejected so as to not encourage even legitimate claims.

Needless to say, we can expect a glut of asylum cases from Ukraine, many legitimate and many others typically Eastern Europe "opportunist" claims (my opinion only). My personal belief is that some of the most beautiful women in the world come from the Ukraine.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Cricket123456 View Post
    Hi There,
    I have applied my asylum case in political back ground on November 1st week 2013, I had my biometrics done on 2nd week of November 2014 and EAD received on May 2nd week 2014 but I have not been called for the interview yet. I knew some people who applied in the same back ground after 6 months but they all had their interview with in 3 months time. I was in L1 status for 1 year but I did file my case with in a year time frame. Now I am in Dilemma that how long will it take to receive a call from the AO. I heard and read in the news paper that the applicant who applied with in Oct 2012 till Oct 2013, their application is not in the process to open the file. But in my case, My receipt was accepted on 4th of November 2013, which is out of the mentioned date.
    Could any one update in the issue regarding the application process in SFO asylum office.

Thank you for your help.
    Cricket123456

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X