Have interview to remove conditions on green card with my wife Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have interview to remove conditions on green card with my wife Monday

So my interview is on Monday with my wife, I sent my green card with the petition to remove the conditions I-751 and didn't receive it back however did receive an interview notice which asks me to bring it.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with turning up without your green card and assuming it will be there with the file?

I should have gone through my attorney when filing to remove conditions however figured it would be simple .... Obviously not!!

Appreciate the advice.

WOW!!! Absolutely a no, no. Sending your card. U should have read up on the instructions. No wonder u r called in for an interview. Normally, persons renewing cards, once your package is satisfactory, the new cards, (10 yrs) just come in the mail. What other documents did u submit, to prove the marriage...?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryH View Post
      WOW!!! Absolutely a no, no. Sending your card. U should have read up on the instructions. No wonder u r called in for an interview. Normally, persons renewing cards, once your package is satisfactory, the new cards, (10 yrs) just come in the mail. What other documents did u submit, to prove the marriage...?

I sent lots of documentation, I have hired an experienced attorney since I received an interview date who feels my file is satisfactory.
      My wife an I are happily married, with over 100 photos, auto insurance, affidavits from friends, family and neighbors.
      Joint bank statements, travel documents and tax returns.

I wasn't worried about the interview at all however you are correct in the fact I didn't fill out the instructions correctly, I hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the butt. Either way I am sure sending your greencard in isn't a deportable offense considering immigration have it.

Thoughts?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X