Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if I left USA while my application to change visa status is pending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if I left USA while my application to change visa status is pending?

Hello, I had j-1 visa this summer, and I applied for a changing visa status from j-1 to b-2 and, firstly, I was thinking to stay in the USA until they approve or deny my application, but than I realizied that it's pretty hard for me because I really missed my parents, gf and friends, and all in all I was still studying in Russia, my homeland, so it was difficult to me to stay in America for like 7 months in a row and also I didn't like the idea that I couldn't make any plans during my prolonged stay because let's say I book a hotel, or buy a ticket to some sport event which happens at the end of December and then in the middst of December they tell me that they can't change my status and so that I need to fly back home to Russia straight away, so at the mid of september I flied back home. So my question is, am I still able to change my status and go back to america to travel for a couple of months if they approve my application? or my application is considered to be abondoned as long as I left the USA? and how should I message them about my current location? Thanx.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X