Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curious Case of J1 waiver of 2 year stay. Please help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious Case of J1 waiver of 2 year stay. Please help !

Hi all,

I am a currently on j1 visa in US for an internship and exchange program. My visa expires in December and I would like to return back to USA for one last summer internship in May 2015.
    I was told by my program manager that I need to leave the country for 3 months and I can come back to US to work. However I just discovered that only my visa has the 2 year stay stamped on it. So I did some research and indeed I have to serve the 2 year rule.
    I am a resident of India but have been living in Singapore for 8 years now. However i still hold an Indian passport which was issued in Singapore. So applying for the waiver I realized i need the documents from three different places. I am following the instructions here : http://www.cgisf.org/pdf/nori.pdf

However my passport is issued from Singapore (where I am studying till December 2015). So what all steps do I need to take to get this waiver? I have searched the posts but have yet to encounter someone who lives in a different country than home country. Also what are all the fees that need to be paid? is it 215 dollars or are there any more?
    Also I have started filling out my waiver form and it asks for a statement of reason? Any compelling arguments successful applicants of waivers have made which ensure that your waiver is accepted?
    Any advice is greatly appreciated !

I think you would be better off going through a good attorney ( it will cost).
    Odds are slim someone in this forum will fully be able to satisfy your query.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X