immigrant visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

immigrant visa.

Hi, I have submitted form DS-261 and paid $88 for AOS, so now I can go ahead and send all the affidavit of support dorm and documents now and then they will instruct me to fill out form DS-260 ? I am little confused which one comes first ? AOS or DS-261. Please advise me. Thanks.

Comment

Sam.

Scanned submittals of sponsorship and civil documents is being allowed for a dozen or so pilot Consualates, but for most clients, postal mail submittal to the NVC in New Hampshire is the rule.

You won't be able to complete the DS-260 until after the $325 immigrant visa fee is paid, after it is billed. This seems to be the slowest piece of the NVC puzzle lately, as much as a 2-month wait before you are billed for the immigrant visa fee.

--Ray B

Originally posted by samshah1967 View Post
      Thank you Mr. Ray B, yes when I submitted D-261, they have all my current info but it's been about a month now and NVC's e-website is not letting me pay immigrants visa fees , so my guess is first they will direct me to pay the fees then they will let me complete the S-260. Do you know how long before the will release D260? And also my understanding is that AOS form only you can send it by mail. Please guide me. Thanks. Sam.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Hi Mr. Ray, so meanwhile can I go ahead and send them AOS and supporting documents while Ian waiting for D-260?thanks. Sam.

Comment

If you have paid the sponsorship fee ($110 or thereabouts, changed recently, or earlier $88), and downloaded the cover page, you can submit the sponsorship documents.

The civil documents submittal can wait untii you have paid the visa fee and download the cover page for civil documents.

--Ray B

Hi Mr. Ray, so meanwhile can I go ahead and send them AOS and supporting documents while Ian waiting for D-260?thanks. Sam.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Thank you sir. My brother's daughter is going to be 21 soon. So she won't be able to come with the parents but can she come on student visa?

Comment

If the daughter had not turned 21 when the Priority Date became current, she is eligible for a derivative visa.

If you decide to go the student visa direction for her, you must find a school that will have proof of support requriements and the school must provide the acceptance documents.

--Ray B

Thank you sir. My brother's daughter is going to be 21 soon. So she won't be able to come with the parents but can she come on student visa?

Comment

immigrant visa.

What is Derivative visa? Also for student visa part, what does it means by proof if supportive documents? Thank you.

Comment

"Derivative" means eligible under a relataive's visa "umbrella."

For a student visa, the school's financial requirements must be met by someone....you.

--Ray B

What is Derivative visa? Also for student visa part, what does it means by proof if supportive documents? Thank you.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Thank you for clearing lot of things. So when they will allow me to fill D-260?

Comment

The DS-260 will become available after you pay the immigrant visa fee to the NVC.

--Ray B

Thank you for clearing lot of things. So when they will allow me to fill D-260?

Comment

immigrant visa.

Thank you so much for all your help.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Good afternoon Mr. Ray B, like I discussed with you for my brother we have completed form DS-261 and paid $88 but we would like to put file on hold or pending for about 2 years because of his daughter's study. We called NVC but we are still confused. They told us next step will be send all AOS documents then fill out d-260. So is that true ? Or cane we fill D- 260 and keep in touch with them once ay year and keep file open. Thanks. Sam.

Comment

Sam,

You're taking too great a risk by planning to keep the daughter's file in abeyance for two years. Bring her here to officially be a Permanent Resident, then apply for a "Reentry Permit," which would allow her to stay outside the U.S. for up to two years.

By not proceeding with NVC document-qualifying, you are risking the daughter's eligibility being retrogressed so long as the visa has not been issued.

If your family cannot afford to bring the child here for the one month she would need to stay to qualify for a Reentry Permit, it was probably a mistake including her on the petition in the first place. I don't want to seem harsh, but you have an opportunity now for her to get her foot in the door, then she can return home to finish her schooling.

NVC gave you the correct information.

--Ray B

Good afternoon Mr. Ray B, like I discussed with you for my brother we have completed form DS-261 and paid $88 but we would like to put file on hold or pending for about 2 years because of his daughter's study. We called NVC but we are still confused. They told us next step will be send all AOS documents then fill out d-260. So is that true ? Or cane we fill D- 260 and keep in touch with them once ay year and keep file open. Thanks. Sam.
                            Last edited by rayb; 09-24-2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

immigrant visa.

We are thinking about whole family staying back for 2 years to finsh her studies. Also can we keep file open or pending by just filing d-261 and after 10 months we can fill AOS and D-260 and keep in touch with Nvc so we don't loose contact requirement. Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

That's kind of risky, as a lot can happen in two years.

I've always advised people to get to the U.S. and get status under control, then return home for unfinished business.

If the whole family is willing to remain there for another two years, it doesn't sound like they're really motivated to to get things started here. With that kind of indefinite planning, one or another of the family may find some "other fish to fry," and all the waiting will have been wasted.

I've got one family with the primary applicant, his wife and two kinds, who somehow lost contact with the Embassy during 2013, and are now trying to get the Embassy to reopen their previously-approved visa slots, but the Embassy won't respond to any messages or calls, beyond saying that they will forward to an "officer." This has been going on for about 5 months now, and their next step is getting Congressional help here to put pressure on the Embassy (Philippines).

--Ray B

We are thinking about whole family staying back for 2 years to finsh her studies. Also can we keep file open or pending by just filing d-261 and after 10 months we can fill AOS and D-260 and keep in touch with Nvc so we don't loose contact requirement. Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X