immigrant visa.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• immigrant visa.

If I am the petitioner and the sponserer for my brother and if I live in Dallas, when they come to USA , do they have to come to Dallas or they can go anywhere in the USA? If I have a co-sponserer , I live in Dalls and co-sponserer lives in New Jersey then do they have to come to Dallas? Or New Jersey or they can go anywhere in USA? Please advise me. Thank you. Sam.

Your I-130, and the subsequent DS-260, should reflect a destination address in the U.S. so that USCIS has a U.S. physical address for your brother.

It matters not in which part of the U.S. you or the co-sponsor reside.

--Ray B

Originally posted by samshah1967 View Post
    If I am the petitioner and the sponserer for my brother and if I live in Dallas, when they come to USA , do they have to come to Dallas or they can go anywhere in the USA? If I have a co-sponserer , I live in Dalls and co-sponserer lives in New Jersey then do they have to come to Dallas? Or New Jersey or they can go anywhere in USA? Please advise me. Thank you. Sam.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Hi mr. Ray B, yes indeed that's correct about the address but does it matter when they land in USA? Or they have to land where sponser or co-sponser resides in USA? Thank you again. Sam.

Comment

The Port of Entry is not an issue. For many coming from Asia, Guam or SFO might be the Port of Entry, though they could transfer and end up in Detroit or NYC.

You're sort of jumping the gun, since it will be about 10 years before your brother will be eligible for an immigrant visa if you recently petitioned him.

--Ray B

Hi mr. Ray B, yes indeed that's correct about the address but does it matter when they land in USA? Or they have to land where sponser or co-sponser resides in USA? Thank you again. Sam.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Thank you again. I applied for my brother in 2002 and NVC has sent me letter saying the case is eligible for further processing and asked me to fill form DS-261, which I did and paid $88. So like you advise I have to pay $260 and fill form d-260 whenever they will direct me. So my understanding is when they come to USA, they can go to anywhere in USA or they have to go to where the sponser is? Please advise me. Thanks.

Comment

Sam,

Got it. Your brother's Priority Date is now current (beats the 23-year wait for Filipinos).

Right, his Port of Entry can be anywhere, but any destination address different than what he shows on the DS-260 should be reported to USCIS within 10 days of arrival in the Statess.

--Ray B

Thank you again. I applied for my brother in 2002 and NVC has sent me letter saying the case is eligible for further processing and asked me to fill form DS-261, which I did and paid $88. So like you advise I have to pay $260 and fill form d-260 whenever they will direct me. So my understanding is when they come to USA, they can go to anywhere in USA or they have to go to where the sponser is? Please advise me. Thanks.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Thank you so much for advise. So if his address in USA is different than on D-260 need to be reported within 10 days to USCIS or NVC ? And how do we notify them by mail or e-mail or phone? Or canbe any of this one method ? Thank you. Sam.

Comment

An address change is reported to USCIS using form A-11(and mailed to USCIS), or online at: https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

--Ray B

Thank you so much for advise. So if his address in USA is different than on D-260 need to be reported within 10 days to USCIS or NVC ? And how do we notify them by mail or e-mail or phone? Or canbe any of this one method ? Thank you. Sam.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Thank you kindly Mr. Ray B. You are awesome. Sam.

Comment

Sam,

I meant "AR-11," not A-11. That form, for postal mailing, can be obtained from: http://www.uscis.gov/ar-11

--Ray B

Thank you kindly Mr. Ray B. You are awesome. Sam.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Hi Mr. Ray B. My brother is not receiving any corspondence from USCIS or NVC, so what can I do so both of us can get corspondence? Thanks. Sam.

Comment

Sam,

USCIS does not normally send correspondence to the beneficiary (visa applicant).

When the NVC step begins, NVC usually sends a startup letter to the beneficiary, but the amount of time the petition has been housed at USCIS and possible address changes, not to mention mail delivery problems in your brother's country, might keep him from receiving mail.

So long as you have completed the DS-261 naming you as agent, you will receive all the necessary NVC correspondence.

--Ray B

Hi Mr. Ray B. My brother is not receiving any corspondence from USCIS or NVC, so what can I do so both of us can get corspondence? Thanks. Sam.

Comment

immigrant visa.

Hi Mr. Ray B, my sister recieves correspondence in India but my brother doesn't , so can I contact USCIS or NVC and let them know but I also would like to receive all the correspondence so how woul I do that. Sam

Comment

Sam,

From what you have posted so far, your brother's paperwork is now with the NVC, so USCIS no longer has control and cannot send any additional correspondence.

But when it comes to the NVC, it works best if you or someone else responsible in the U.S. is named as agent (form DS-261) amd gets all the correspondence from the NVC. Counting on NVC correspondence going abroad, by surface mail, and making decision based on the arrival of such mail, is not a good idea.

Go to your brother's NVC payment page and update the DS-261 form.

--Ray B

Hi Mr. Ray B, my sister recieves correspondence in India but my brother doesn't , so can I contact USCIS or NVC and let them know but I also would like to receive all the correspondence so how woul I do that. Sam

Comment

immigrant visa.

Thank you Mr. Ray B, yes when I submitted D-261, they have all my current info but it's been about a month now and NVC's e-website is not letting me pay immigrants visa fees , so my guess is first they will direct me to pay the fees then they will let me complete the S-260. Do you know how long before the will release D260? And also my understanding is that AOS form only you can send it by mail. Please guide me. Thanks. Sam.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X