Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On OPT EAD and One Consulting company planning to sue me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On OPT EAD and One Consulting company planning to sue me!

There is this Consulting company that marketed my resume for a job and I got the job offer. Since it is multi layer like company A->b->c->final client and I was not interested. So I declined the offer. Now, they are saying they will sue me for marketing charges and other services. I attended one good for nothing html session (thru skype somebody from india was showing details for an hour). Since I was not interested I did not continue the classes.

I have not signed any document to them stating that I am joining their company. What should I do? I am on OPT EAD. somebody advice.

Originally posted by Diya.raj View Post
    There is this Consulting company that marketed my resume for a job and I got the job offer. Since it is multi layer like company A->b->c->final client and I was not interested. So I declined the offer. Now, they are saying they will sue me for marketing charges and other services. I attended one good for nothing html session (thru skype somebody from india was showing details for an hour). Since I was not interested I did not continue the classes.

I have not signed any document to them stating that I am joining their company. What should I do? I am on OPT EAD. somebody advice.
    what exactly can they sue you for? My sense is that they are bluffing, as most of these companies are themselves fraud.

Comment

Is that your company a small INDIAN BASED CONSULTING FIRM? Right? Usually, big internationally well-known corporation, they won’t do that! Sue? Sue you for what?

All the best!!

Comment

Any advise

Did you find any solution.I am also coming across these type of agencies. I am confused about proceeding with. If you have an idea. Please share

Comment

First - Don't panic by their empty threats. If they DO sue you, they have to declare the farce of the consulting company and eventually jeopardize themselves.

However, if you really want to be sure and do your homework, meet a consulting immigration attorney in your area and get it through him. He will charge you $60-$80 but you will have peace of mind and/or prepare yourself if they really go for the dumb move.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X