Can my parents find out about my marriage when they apply for visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my parents find out about my marriage when they apply for visa

I came to the United States as a student and last year me and my five year boyfriend got married and I got a conditional green card. We didn't tell my parents because I was going to wait until we have money for a ceremony to tell. Now my parents have US tourist visa but they are trying to get my sister a visa so they can all visit me at the end of this year. I can sponsor them because I have a professional job with a good salary.

But I'm worried when my sister goes to interview with my documents (job letter etc.) the consulate will tell them that I am married and have a green card. Is it a possibility? Or should tell them beforehand that I have a greencard from work?

I know I am lying but it will stress both parties if they found out about my marriage.

Hi manee1989, I saw your post from a few years ago, and I'm in the same situation right now. I was wondering what happened and if your parents did find out about your marriage.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by manee1989 View Post
    I came to the United States as a student and last year me and my five year boyfriend got married and I got a conditional green card. We didn't tell my parents because I was going to wait until we have money for a ceremony to tell. Now my parents have US tourist visa but they are trying to get my sister a visa so they can all visit me at the end of this year. I can sponsor them because I have a professional job with a good salary.

But I'm worried when my sister goes to interview with my documents (job letter etc.) the consulate will tell them that I am married and have a green card. Is it a possibility? Or should tell them beforehand that I have a greencard from work?

I know I am lying but it will stress both parties if they found out about my marriage.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X