Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• documents sent by USPS regular mail to India

Hello Friends,

I have sent documents on 10 Sep 2014 to Mumbai India from USPS(regular mail). USPS said it would take 10 days to reach.
    The docs have not yet reached the destination.
    Any idea how much time it takes to reach India using regular mail. please share your experience.

Note: I didn't use tracking for this mail since I was in no hurry. Now my concern is what to do next if the mail is lost?

Thanks.

They might yet arrive, but you need to go to "Plan B" in case they don't arrive within next couple of weeks. "Plan B" is to put another package together and send by courier or International Express (EMS). If the docs are really important, open up your wallet and pay for FedEx or DHL.

--Ray B

Originally posted by americandesimd View Post
    Hello Friends,

I have sent documents on 10 Sep 2014 to Mumbai India from USPS(regular mail). USPS said it would take 10 days to reach.
    Any idea how much time it takes to reach India using regular mail. please share your experience.

Note: I didn't use tracking for this mail since I was in no hurry. Now my concern is what to do next if the mail is lost?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      They might yet arrive, but you need to go to "Plan B" in case they don't arrive within next couple of weeks. "Plan B" is to put another package together and send by courier or International Express (EMS). If the docs are really important, open up your wallet and pay for FedEx or DHL.

--Ray B
      Thanks Ray,

Is there a way to track the regular mail? How do we know where its hanging?

Comment

U.S. postal service mail can be tracked if sent as Priority, Registered, and other "special" postal services while in the U.S. The ability to track outside the U.S. varies by country and efficiency of other country postal services. Basic "First Class" mail service cannot be tracked at all.

--Ray B

Thanks Ray,

Is there a way to track the regular mail? How do we know where its hanging?

Comment

Hello Friends,

Thanks.
          Hi americandesimd, Did you get the Mail? How long it took finally? I am in the same situation, its been 14 days and haven't received the Mail yet.

Regards,
          Sachin.
          Last edited by SachinGangadharswamy; 03-08-2015, 12:08 AM. Reason: Addressed to wrong person

Comment

Any further information regarding the duration it took might help other.

Originally posted by SachinGangadharswamy View Post
            Hi americandesimd, Did you get the Mail? How long it took finally? I am in the same situation, its been 14 days and haven't received the Mail yet.

Regards,
            Sachin.
            Hey Sachin/Americandesimd,

can you please help in providing the actual duration they took for this regular mail ??

Thanks,

Comment

USPS normal Mail from US to india

Hi,
              Finally how much time did it take for the mail to reach india?
              Plz let me know.

Thanks

Originally posted by Satya Ch View Post
              Hey Sachin/Americandesimd,

can you please help in providing the actual duration they took for this regular mail ??

Thanks,

Comment

Never does reach its destination.

Originally posted by Yog Mini View Post
                Hi,
                Finally how much time did it take for the mail to reach india?
                Plz let me know.

Thanks
                I sent one letter in September 2016 which never made it.
                Sent another one in December 2016 some 15 days ago and it hasn't reached as yet.
                I suspect delivery postman in India open envelopes sent outside India to steal currency notes and just trash the envelope after opening it (no, I never sent any notes). Anyone has a better explanation ?

Comment

Hello Friends,

Thanks.
                  Did your documents reach India?

Comment

The OP may never know if the documents sent to India were lost or not, but regular mail was not the smart way to send them. EMS (international Priority Mail) would have been a better option and allows for tracking.

--Ray B

Originally posted by sayalikale View Post
                    Did your documents reach India?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X