Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for F1 whilst having a B2

Hello,

I currently live in he UK under a spousal visa and am a holder of an American B2 visitor visa. I would like to apply for an F1 visa to go study in the states and the application will be done whilst residing in the UK at the American consulate in London. I have 2 questions.

1. Should for any reason the F1 visa be denied would they cancel my current B2 visa? Or is it not relevant as I am applying from my country of residence and not a change of status while being I the states?

2. My husband and child have to apply for an F2 visa. Since they are part of the waiver program, do they need to change to B2 before or after my visa is approved?

Thank you for your help, you guys are great.

Originally posted by USlover4eva View Post
    Hello,

I currently live in he UK under a spousal visa and am a holder of an American B2 visitor visa. I would like to apply for an F1 visa to go study in the states and the application will be done whilst residing in the UK at the American consulate in London. I have 2 questions.

1. Should for any reason the F1 visa be denied would they cancel my current B2 visa? Or is it not relevant as I am applying from my country of residence and not a change of status while being I the states?

2. My husband and child have to apply for an F2 visa. Since they are part of the waiver program, do they need to change to B2 before or after my visa is approved?

Thank you for your help, you guys are great.

Why not pursuit your study at UK? Meanwhile, you want to be in America?

And what is your area of study? Any internationally well-known university that you would like to attend?

All the best!

Comment

F1 visa

[QUOTE=gd_by2001;361621]Why not pursuit your study at UK? Meanwhile, you want to be in America?

And what is your area of study? Any internationally well-known university that you would like to attend?

Thank you for your response. I am not interested in the programs they have here for the area of my interest. I already have the contact withe school it's a knows college in the area of Chicago and they have given me the I-20. I am looking to study radiography and their school is one of the best known in the area.

I just want to know as my husband maybe plans to join me at a later stage, is it better to add him to the application from this moment or should. Just wait until he plans to join me. My daughter is 1 year old and she is coming with me she is a UK citizen so therefore needs to apply for a B2 visa, should I do this before my student visa is approved or should I wait after its approved??? As asked before, if for some reason my student visa is refused will my B2 visa be cancelled as well?

Thank you for answering my questions,

Comment

[QUOTE=USlover4eva;361783]
        Originally posted by gd_by2001 View Post
        Why not pursuit your study at UK? Meanwhile, you want to be in America?

Thank you for your response. I am not interested in the programs they have here for the area of my interest. I already have the contact withe school it's a knows college in the area of Chicago and they have given me the I-20. I am looking to study radiography and their school is one of the best known in the area.

I just want to know as my husband maybe plans to join me at a later stage, is it better to add him to the application from this moment or should. Just wait until he plans to join me. My daughter is 1 year old and she is coming with me she is a UK citizen so therefore needs to apply for a B2 visa, should I do this before my student visa is approved or should I wait after its approved??? As asked before, if for some reason my student visa is refused will my B2 visa be cancelled as well?

Thank you for answering my questions,

Good! If you school is a well-known internationally university, you should have no problem during the visa interview! And the VO will be happy to grant you F-1 visa! And the chance of your visa is very high!

Some of post in this forum that I found: their school are BAD, UN-KNOWN and NOT BEEN SEVIS LIST, and come here to ask possibility/chance of visa!! That are very ridiculous question post, why these people not able to attend better university!!

All the best!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X