Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VISA change from H1B to F1.

Hi,
    My Company division closed down. I was working there as a FT resource on a H1B VISA. Now my last day on payroll was Sept 27th. I am still unable to find a job. I know that I will have to leave the US if I cannot find a job in 1 month's time. Also I am enrolled in an University as well since August(FALL), How do I go back to F1 VISA? ( I was on F! VISA before. then my company sponsored my H1B VISA). COuld you guys tell me any options? I need help ASAP.

Thanks.

Hello, JjRocky.

You will need to obtain I-20 from the University for some course and then file for a COS (Change of Status). Although, i feel you might already be Out of Status, you could check with more people.

If you lose status, then there is hardly any option left as one does not have a status to allow switching status to something else. So, you could check with more people - preferably an Immigration Attorney to understand your options.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by jjrocky007 View Post
    Hi,
    My Company division closed down. I was working there as a FT resource on a H1B VISA. Now my last day on payroll was Sept 27th. I am still unable to find a job. I know that I will have to leave the US if I cannot find a job in 1 month's time. Also I am enrolled in an University as well since August(FALL), How do I go back to F1 VISA? ( I was on F! VISA before. then my company sponsored my H1B VISA). COuld you guys tell me any options? I need help ASAP.

Thanks.
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X