Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can my spouse travel to US to visit while i-130 visa is processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

Me and my wife are in a similar position. I am from the UK, and she is an American citizen. She filed our I130 in December 2017, and we received our receipt for the acceptance of it on January 30th 2018. We were hoping that I may be able to come to the US in the next couple of months to actually start building our lives together, but we haven't heard any other news about the status of our I130 and we are getting a little worried that I may not be allowed into the US just yet.

I have an ESTA which is valid until next year and would be willing to just keep visiting the States until we can proceed further with our application.
    Does anyone have any advice for us or know how we should go on from here?

Thank-you very much.

Comment

Similar position

Hi there,

Me and my wife are in a similar position. I am from the UK, and she is an American citizen. She filed our I130 in December 2017, and we received our receipt for the acceptance of it on January 30th 2018. We were hoping that I may be able to come to the US in the next couple of months to actually start building our lives together, but we haven't heard any other news about the status of our I130 and we are getting a little worried that I may not be allowed into the US just yet.

I have an ESTA which is valid until next year and would be willing to just keep visiting the States until we can proceed further with our application.

Thank-you very much.

Comment

Your wife's petition will not be approved for a couple more months. Once approved, you can decide whether to be processed at a U.S. Consulate in the UK, or to consider being processed while in the U.S. for an Adjustment of Status to obtain your Permanent Resident status.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Rugbarian93 View Post
        Hi there,

Thank-you very much.

Comment

can I travel outside of America with valid F1 visa while i 130 is pending?

Hi, I am a international student who holds a valid F1 visa and I20. I married to a green card holder who is applying US citizen. I am only file i130 and my i130 is pending. can I travel outside of America with valid F1 visa while i 130 is pending? Does anyone go outside and come back successful?Thanks a lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X