F-1 student married to a U.S citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 student married to a U.S citizen

I really need some help. let me explain my situation briefly. Hope somebody with similar story may help.

I am an F-1 student graduating in Dec of 2014. I've been dating someone since 2014 May the 3rd and I got married in Oct.12 of 2014. I thought instead of applying for OPT ( Optional Practical Training) and wait 30-90 days to receive it then having the stress of finding a job within the first 3 months. My wife and I could apply for my papers to get the green card so I be able to get a job ASAP and support my family ( My wife and Step-Daughter). My question is, what are the steps that I have to do. any tips and advice? I've was given an advice to apply for IR petition, along with the papers for Green Card. Could someone please elaborate or help me with the steps. proving my marriage is real tips. We've been together for almost 6 months, Living together for almost 4 months, I'll be on the lease soon, I buy the grocery constantly for us, help with gas, dine-out alot!, buy gifts. Ring, Wedding. I have plenty of pictures of us doing stuff, and marriage ring and etc.

F-1 student married to a U.S citizen

Apply opt and also apply green card too. While you waiting for green card you don't have to worry about the jobs. At least you have opt you're not illegal.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X