Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Status B2 to F1.

Hello Folks,

I am about to apply an application for COS to USCIS. The thing I am looking for is a sample letter that explain the reason for changing status for study engineering in United states. I suppose this letter is most emphasized part of an application so I want to make it best.

Your help will be truly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Jatin Patel

Hello, Jatin.

You could say things like paucity of time - the course was beginning shortly, and that you had come with a return ticket (furnish a copy of the ticket). These circumstances led you to change your mind.

I do not think this letter is mandatory but still if you are preparing, you could write things like the one mentioned above. Further, i hope you are not immediately, upon entering USA, filing for a COS as that will be considered as a pre-meditated move by the USCIS. Give some time to your stay in USA and then file.

Also, please make sure that the date when your course begins you are in legal status in USA. You are allowed to be in USA 30 days prior to your course, no more than that. (That means, your I-94 could expire under 30 days before your academic course begins, not more. E.g.: If your MS starts on Jan 15, 2015, your I-94 issued on B2 visa must be valid till at least Dec 16, 2014). Irrespective of what University or people tell you, an I-20 does not grant you legal status.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you luck.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Jatin Patel View Post
    Hello Folks,

I am about to apply an application for COS to USCIS. The thing I am looking for is a sample letter that explain the reason for changing status for study engineering in United states. I suppose this letter is most emphasized part of an application so I want to make it best.

Your help will be truly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Jatin Patel
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X