F2 to F1 Change for status for spring 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stephanie09 View Post
    Nope I haven't I am going to call today. To try and exped**e my application again.

- - - Updated - - -

What about you any reply yet
    today i called uscis,they told currently they were doing ** in 2.5 months ,i applied on november 25th 2014,so they told me to wa** till feb 2nd week.

Comment

Originally posted by bala2015 View Post
      today i called uscis,they told currently they were doing ** in 2.5 months ,i applied on november 25th 2014,so they told me to wa** till feb 2nd week.
      Oh that's really good that they are back to the 2.5 months again. So just wait and be hopeful they process it by then.

Comment

B2 to F1 still waiting!

Hey guys!

My name is Ola. I applied for a change of status from B2 to F1 on November 10. I got a receipt note that the case was received on November 13. My case status still shows "case was received". I just read that you guys called and it seems like it takes 2.5 months to complete the process. I called my attorney and he says it's about 3 months. This is confusing! My school starts in February 17. Do you think I should call USCIS? I keep my fingers crossed for all of you that are stressed like me!

Comment

Originally posted by silk_spectre View Post
          Hey guys!

My name is Ola. I applied for a change of status from B2 to F1 on November 10. I got a receipt note that the case was received on November 13. My case status still shows "case was received". I just read that you guys called and it seems like it takes 2.5 months to complete the process. I called my attorney and he says it's about 3 months. This is confusing! My school starts in February 17. Do you think I should call USCIS? I keep my fingers crossed for all of you that are stressed like me!
          Am guessing you are Nigerian? Well I my application was received on 6th of October and still yet I have not gotten a reply yet. So just hold on, they will reply soon.

Comment

Hey guys!

Did u apply online or u mailed ur documents to them?

Comment

Did u apply online or u mailed ur documents to them?
              Hi every one and stephanie09 ,any one got any update from uscis? and i have doubt i have from B1 to F1 through online,and the report date/registration to classes to my college in my I-20 was NO LATER THAN JANUARY 16th 2015, now my doubt is still i didn't heard anything from USCIS,should i request my college to change or extend the date in my I-20 or issue a new I-20 form...is that really necessary to do OR NO need,so kindly some one help me.

Comment

Hi every one and stephanie09 ,any one got any update from uscis? and i have doubt i have from B1 to F1 through online,and the report date/registration to classes to my college in my I-20 was NO LATER THAN JANUARY 16th 2015, now my doubt is still i didn't heard anything from USCIS,should i request my college to change or extend the date in my I-20 or issue a new I-20 form...is that really necessary to do OR NO need,so kindly some one help me.
                Yes you have to ask for ur admission to be deferred. And then they wi issue u a new i20. Tell them Your ur change of status application is still pending.

Comment

Yes you have to ask for ur admission to be deferred. And then they wi issue u a new i20. Tell them Your ur change of status application is still pending.
                  Hi stephanie09 thanks for your swift reply....but one more doubt still my change of status case pending with USCIS ,and in my college where i applied for admission i dont have any near by dates to register for the classes or until september my present college won't offer my program ,they offer that program in spring and fall only....so if i requested for new I-20 they may issue with september date ,but my B2 visa expires on 20th february so USCIS may denies my change of status application.

Comment

Hi stephanie09 thanks for your swift reply....but one more doubt still my change of status case pending with USCIS ,and in my college where i applied for admission i dont have any near by dates to register for the classes or until september my present college won't offer my program ,they offer that program in spring and fall only....so if i requested for new I-20 they may issue with september date ,but my B2 visa expires on 20th february so USCIS may denies my change of status application.
                    If your case is till pending with them and you b2 visa expires, stay becomes legal until u receive a reply from them concerning your case. Also I think you shud call the school and ask the student advisor concerning your course and you getting a new i20. Also I wud like to add dat if its possible you shud change course, get a new i20 for summer and then use it till fall when ur course starts then u change course.

Comment

Hello All, It is second week of february already. Has anyone got update from USCIS?. I called three times but never got hold of anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Padmanabanskp View Post
                        Hello All, It is second week of february already. Has anyone got update from USCIS?. I called three times but never got hold of anyone.
                        For vermont service center, Paper based applications processing is being delayed And They finshed elis October applications since January. And d annoying thing is that they are not updating their website. But for California service center everything is going swiftly

Comment

For vermont service center, Paper based applications processing is being delayed And They finshed elis October applications since January. And d annoying thing is that they are not updating their website. But for California service center everything is going swiftly
                          Hi padmanabanskp and stephanie09......thanks for your updates....i applied through uscis elis....on november 25th till now i didn't heard anything from uscis.

Comment

B2 to f1

Hey guys!

Hello guys am looking at changing from my B2 to F1 students status although i haven't started the process yet am looking to get information from members who have gone that route as to what documentation I need to submit and reading from this thread I can see it takes about 3 months,I want to know the success rate of this and if I need to use an attorney to submit the application.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bim View Post
                              Hello guys am looking at changing from my B2 to F1 students status although i haven't started the process yet am looking to get information from members who have gone that route as to what documentation I need to submit and reading from this thread I can see it takes about 3 months,I want to know the success rate of this and if I need to use an attorney to submit the application.thanks
                              Make sure u submit online thru Elis because if you mail ur documents it could take more than 6 months before you get a reply.

Comment

change of status

Make sure u submit online thru Elis because if you mail ur documents it could take more than 6 months before you get a reply.
                                thanks will do that but I like to know how u went about the process of application,did you have to use an attorney and what docs you submitted.thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X