F2 to F1 Change for status for spring 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status optimized

I just checked my case status it shows optimized. Has anyone checked the status lately? How long now will take from optimized to closed? any idea folks.

Comment

Approved

Originally posted by Padmanabanskp View Post
      I just checked my case status it shows optimized. Has anyone checked the status lately? How long now will take from optimized to closed? any idea folks.
      My COS was approved on March 13th. I finally received the approval notice.

Comment

Originally posted by iarch View Post
        Great. Best of luck for your studies.

Comment

Change of status from F2 to F1

Hi everyone, I applied for changing my status from F2 to F1 to USCIS and my case was received on Jan 23 , 2015. Now its March 31 but I did not hear anything from them. I heard that the average processing time is 2.5 months or 3 months but now I can see that the Vermont center still is processing the applications received on Aug 16, 2015!!! I am not sure if I am getting it right that My application is 4-5 months behind the ones they working on right now?????
          Is there anyone who submitted COS paper based applications after August 2014 and already got reply? Please help me getting ideas. because if it take longer time I dont want to wait for uscis and I have to go to my home country for getting visa as I have to submit change of status documents within 18th May 2015 for the Summer semester...

Comment

Rfe

Hey guys, I received my RFE to end in additional documents. 1. sevis needs to be updated and letter from my school. 2. bank statement from my parents 3. evidence of my house in my home country Nigeria.
            I responded today. I pray I get a reply before june by the Grace of God. Amen.

Comment

Online or through paper?

How did you apply -- through ELIS or paper?

Comment

Originally posted by chesta View Post
                I applied thru VSC paper based application.

Comment

Originally posted by chesta View Post
                  I applied thru VSC paper based application.

Comment

did your visa come through? when

Originally posted by lupu View Post
                    Hi everyone, I applied for changing my status from F2 to F1 to USCIS and my case was received on Jan 23 , 2015. Now its March 31 but I did not hear anything from them. I heard that the average processing time is 2.5 months or 3 months but now I can see that the Vermont center still is processing the applications received on Aug 16, 2015!!! I am not sure if I am getting it right that My application is 4-5 months behind the ones they working on right now?????
                    Is there anyone who submitted COS paper based applications after August 2014 and already got reply? Please help me getting ideas. because if it take longer time I dont want to wait for uscis and I have to go to my home country for getting visa as I have to submit change of status documents within 18th May 2015 for the Summer semester...
                    did your visa come through? when

Comment

Hi, when did you get the approval notice finally?

Originally posted by Padmanabanskp View Post
                      Hi grace, My application stays accepted. Please keep in touch. thanks for responding
                      Hi, when did you get the approval notice finally?

Comment

Did you receive the approval notice? When did you get it?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by lupu View Post

Comment

Need help

Hi, I applied to the USCIS, vermont service center, for changing my visa status from F2 to F1 through paper documents, my case was received on March 12, 2015. My admission to the graduate school was for Second Summer 2015. As there was no status update, i missed Summer II, 2015 semester. I deferred my admission to Fall, 2015 and updated the my sevis through the international office. My Fall class will be started from August 19, still there is no status update. I am so much stressed and tensed for that. I called to the USCIS customer service over phone several times, at the beginning they told me that they were working the cases that were received on March 7, 2015. About one month later i called them again, and this time they told me that they were working on the cases that were received on October 2014 ! My stress are increased.

Please help me what should i do. I will keep updating my informations.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by iarch View Post
                            Hello,
                            I had a few questions to ask you
                            1)when did you submit your application?
                            2)which service center processed it?
                            3)was it a paper based application?
                            4)how were you notified about the acceptance?
                            5)from your experience could you throw some light on how accurate is the processing time information given on USCIS website?

It would be extremely helpful to me if I got answers to these questions. Awaiting your reply.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by akash09 View Post
                              Hi, I applied to the USCIS, vermont service center, for changing my visa status from F2 to F1 through paper documents, my case was received on March 12, 2015. My admission to the graduate school was for Second Summer 2015. As there was no status update, i missed Summer II, 2015 semester. I deferred my admission to Fall, 2015 and updated the my sevis through the international office. My Fall class will be started from August 19, still there is no status update. I am so much stressed and tensed for that. I called to the USCIS customer service over phone several times, at the beginning they told me that they were working the cases that were received on March 7, 2015. About one month later i called them again, and this time they told me that they were working on the cases that were received on October 2014 ! My stress are increased.

Please help me what should i do. I will keep updating my informations.

Thank you
                              Do you hear anything new?
                              My case is the same as yours, just my case was received a week later than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ssf2f1 View Post
                                Do you hear anything new?
                                My case is the same as yours, just my case was received a week later than yours.
                                No i did not hear any update.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X