Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 visa/ B1-B2 to F2 visa

Hi

Currently I am residing in the USA with my husband who is a F1 visa holder. I have a visitor visa B1/B2 valid till 2019. I got this visa earlier this year from Europe. I visited the USA in Feb/March this year. After that, I returned and came back again in September. This time we got married in a court here in the USA. We are planning to conduct a traditional ceremony in December in our home country and return back to the USA. When I come to the USA next time after the "traditional marriage", I want to come here as a dependent (F2 visa holder) of my husband (F1 visa holder). I need I-20 to get F2 visa for which I require marriage certificate. Therefore, I got married in the USA in court (in a tourist visa) to get the certificate and expedite the visa application process.

So my first question is: Is it considered fraud if I got married in a tourist visa to a F1 visa holder since my intention the second time I visited was not just "tourism"?

Second question: Is it better to apply for a F2 (Dependent) visa in my home country using the marriage certificate from the US court and I-20 or is it better if I visit him in tourist visa (the one that I already have) again and apply for a change of status from the USA itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X