Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 visa rejected at Hyderabad

Hi,

When my wife was here in US, she was pursuing Master and finished 6 subjects on H4 visa. We are blessed with a baby boy, So she took a semester break and went to India for F1 visa stamping.

My status is H1, my visa expired and my wife's h4 visa expired but current petition is good until Jan 2015. My I 140 approved and waitng for I485 to become current.

Yesterday my wife went for F1 visa stamping at Hyderabad, Visa Officer asked several questions she answered those, the final question was why can't you complete your Masters on H4 why would you need F1, he also mentioned that you wanted to apply CPT that why you are appearing for F1 visa instead of H4. She tried to convince him but he was not. Basically he was not convinced on the reason of "returning back to India post Masters"

Her semester is starting on Jan 2015. What are our options here?

1. Should my wife go and appear for visa interview again? and should I ask her to go any other place instead of Hyderabad?

2. If things does not work even second time, can she go gor H4 stamping and after coming here do a COS to F1?

3. I will be filing H1 extention in a month time, while H1 approval pending do they issue H4 visa? if so how long.

Please help, I am completely upset upon hearing the rejection news. Thank you

Originally posted by psirimalla View Post
    Hi,

When my wife was here in US, she was pursuing Master and finished 6 subjects on H4 visa. We are blessed with a baby boy, So she took a semester break and went to India for F1 visa stamping.

My status is H1, my visa expired and my wife's h4 visa expired but current petition is good until Jan 2015. My I 140 approved and waitng for I485 to become current.

Yesterday my wife went for F1 visa stamping at Hyderabad, Visa Officer asked several questions she answered those, the final question was why can't you complete your Masters on H4 why would you need F1, he also mentioned that you wanted to apply CPT that why you are appearing for F1 visa instead of H4. She tried to convince him but he was not. Basically he was not convinced on the reason of "returning back to India post Masters"

Her semester is starting on Jan 2015. What are our options here?

1. Should my wife go and appear for visa interview again? and should I ask her to go any other place instead of Hyderabad?

2. If things does not work even second time, can she go gor H4 stamping and after coming here do a COS to F1?

3. I will be filing H1 extention in a month time, while H1 approval pending do they issue H4 visa? if so how long.

Please help, I am completely upset upon hearing the rejection news. Thank you

This was what I thought a possible reason: This country DID NOT NEED MORE "ANCHOR BABY" and NO MORE "ANCHOR BABY" PLEASE!

All the best!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X