Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help

Hi!
    I am on F1 status an have 2 kids who r usa citizens. I initially had come to University of Findlay and later transferred to Concordia University. I have been taking food stamps for my kids ( not for me) as I got separated from my husband who is not supporting me financially. Will my food stamp application make it difficult for me to travel to india and come back? Can I be denied entry based on my food stamp application as inability to support my kids in usa? Please answer urgently as I need to travel to india regarding my divorce proceedings.

When you exit and reenter the U.S., there is no official notice available to immigration staff about Food Stamp benefits.

Also, since your children are U.S. citizens, Food Stamps (and some other benefits) are not normally considered your benefits, but for your U.S. citizen children, without affecting your immigration status.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Fatima107 View Post
    Hi!
    I am on F1 status an have 2 kids who r usa citizens. I initially had come to University of Findlay and later transferred to Concordia University. I have been taking food stamps for my kids ( not for me) as I got separated from my husband who is not supporting me financially. Will my food stamp application make it difficult for me to travel to india and come back? Can I be denied entry based on my food stamp application as inability to support my kids in usa? Please answer urgently as I need to travel to india regarding my divorce proceedings.

Comment

Thanks a lot Ray.. May god bless you. I have read something about 'public charge' and how people are denied entry if the immigration officer has some suspicion that he/she might become dependent on the govt of usa for monetary support. So was very worried.

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      When you exit and reenter the U.S., there is no official notice available to immigration staff about Food Stamp benefits.

Also, since your children are U.S. citizens, Food Stamps (and some other benefits) are not normally considered your benefits, but for your U.S. citizen children, without affecting your immigration status.

--Ray B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X