I had mailed VFS asking about birth certificate..details as follows
This is regarding the birth certificate required during the visa interview. I want to invite my parents here to US and I noticed that rules says they need my original birth certificate
I do not hold a birth certificate. However I have an affidavit which was issued 3 years after my birth in same city as I was born and notarised.. It has information like my date of birth, place of birth, dad's name etc. Will this be accepted instead of birth certificate?? .Please let me know at the earliest.
Their visa date is nearing and the information you provide would be of real great help."
Please note their response....they have NOT answered anything even closer my question....whereas their site clearly says...that if a child is resident in US, parents have to take birth certificate of the child...This is point 9 in the site and they have totally ignored that in the email they have sent me.I cant follow why they are doing this??.....then whom am I supposed to approach for the responses.....???
This is their email
Thank you for your email.
In regard to your questions kindly refer below.
Travel for Business, Tourism or Family Visit – visa class B1/B2
1. Passport, visa fee receipt issued by HDFC Bank and interview appointment letter.
2. Demand draft for Issuance Fee for Rs.2,300/- favouring “US Embassy, New Delhi” or “American Consulate General, Mumbai (or Chennai or Kolkata)” as applicable. DDs drawn on co-operative banks are not accepted.
3. Original Birth Certificate for children below 14 years of age.
4. If you are visiting a relative, carry photocopies of the relative’s proof of status e.g. Green Card, naturalisation certificate, valid visa etc.
5. Business travellers need to produce proof that the Company will finance the trip. If the company is new or unknown it is helpful to carry tax records of the firm for the last 3 years.
6. It is also helpful to carry evidence of how the trip will be financed along with letters of deputation, invitation or sponsorship also known as the Affidavit of Support (Form I-134).
7. A tourist may show evidence of financial resources through bank statements and tax returns for the past 3 years.
8. Dependents joining their spouse on-board ship need to carry their original marriage certificate and entire wedding photo album along with the spouse’s visa copy.