B2 Non immigrant visa holder married to a US citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Non immigrant visa holder married to a US citizen

I entered into US citizen as a visitor on B1/B2 visa and got married to US citizen. I want to fill up form i-765 for employment authorization. What code I'll have to put at para 16 of form I-765?
    Another thing I want to know is that I'll have to submit all required forms at once or can my wife submit only I-130 first?
    Last edited by Akhtar_shl; 11-09-2014, 04:40 PM.

you are an adjustment of status applicant so as per page 4 of the I-765 INSTRUCTIONS , you must write (c)(9).
    Also do not file I-130 alone , must file I-485 ( adjustment of status application ) along with it . And also I-765 and an application for advance parole
    ( optional) if you wish to leave US while the adjustment of status is pending.

Comment

Inquiry for comprehensed post or experience about Marriage in the US and AOS.

Originally posted by peace999 View Post
      you are an adjustment of status applicant so as per page 4 of the I-765 INSTRUCTIONS , you must write (c)(9).
      Also do not file I-130 alone , must file I-485 ( adjustment of status application ) along with it . And also I-765 and an application for advance parole
      ( optional) if you wish to leave US while the adjustment of status is pending.

I am new to this experience and I need a comprehensed post or experience collecting all papers and steps regarding marriage in the US on B1B2 will all papers and forms required to fill in. Where I can find this ? Would appreciate your help.
      Thank you in advance.

Comment

dantrolene

basically you need your US citizen spouse to file an I-130 ( immigrant petition for alien spouse) + I-485( application for adjustment of status from visitor to green card).

The best place to find all information how to file is USCIS.gov

Comment

What is the preferred time of issuing our marriage ? to avoid any further conflicts!

basically you need your US citizen spouse to file an I-130 ( immigrant petition for alien spouse) + I-485( application for adjustment of status from visitor to green card).

The best place to find all information how to file is USCIS.gov
          Thank you so much. One more thing please, regarding what is the preferred time of issuing our marriage-In the first days I enter the US or in late days of my legal stay or it doesn't matter ? I am curious to know to avoid any further conflicts later if they questioned me how come you got married to a US spouse while the main purpose of your trip is a business.

Comment

please tell me

1.if you met your spouse during this visit or you already knew her and had intent to marry her when you entered as a B1.

2. Have you married yet or not? If yes, what is the number of days between your US entry and your marriage date?
            If you have not married yet, please post which month you entered?

Comment

please tell me

1.if you met your spouse during this visit or you already knew her and had intent to marry her when you entered as a B1.

2. Have you married yet or not? If yes, what is the number of days between your US entry and your marriage date?
              If you have not married yet, please post which month you entered?

1- I already knew her 2 years ago, she came to my home country twice.

2- Now I am a newcomer in the US on B1B2 but we didn't get officially married yet. I am here since 1 week.

Still cannot figure when is the best time to issue our marriage ? Nowadays or when I finish my business after 2 months ? Please keep in mind that I am here on a limited time of visa that will be expired after 2 months and only 6 month legal stay.

I hope you can help me out of this issue to avoid any troubles in the future.

Comment

Usually it is recommended to marry 2 months after entering US. And then file . Once your I-130 + I-485 is filed, you will be legal till the response comes.
                even if your visa and 6 month B1 stay expire.

You can also marry in US right now and leave for home country before your 6 month stay expires. And then your spouse can file ONLY an I-130
                for your immigrant visa to be collected at US embassy in your home country. THis option is longer ( takes 8 to 10 months) but it is safer than changing from
                visitor to green card .

Comment

Usually it is recommended to marry 2 months after entering US. And then file . Once your I-130 + I-485 is filed, you will be legal till the response comes.
                  even if your visa and 6 month B1 stay expire.

You can also marry in US right now and leave for home country before your 6 month stay expires. And then your spouse can file ONLY an I-130
                  for your immigrant visa to be collected at US embassy in your home country. THis option is longer ( takes 8 to 10 months) but it is safer than changing from
                  visitor to green card .
                  If I want to stick with the option #(1) because I don't want to leave my gf for 10 months. I want to stay with her. What are the things we should have or do till we receive a final positive response ? And How long the process will take till become a GC holder ? How I am going to justify my entry to the US on B1B2 visa that end up marrying my gf ? I hope no conflicts happen in the future. Thank you so much for clear answers.

Comment

Most people changing from B1/B2 to GC thru US cit. marriage are successful but there is always a risk changing from visitor to GC
                    if you get a bad officer at the interview.
                    For an important issue like this one, If you can afford one, I would suggest you go through a very good attorney ( send me a private message on this forum
                    for top attorney names.) .
                    They can take you through the whole process and guide you how to handle the interview.

this process takes about 5 months ( filing to green card).
                    Last edited by peace999; 11-13-2014, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Most people changing from B1/B2 to GC thru US cit. marriage are successful but there is always a risk changing from visitor to GC
                      For an important issue like this one, If you can afford one, I would suggest you go through a very good attorney ( send me a private message on this forum
                      They can take you through the whole process and guide you how to handle the interview.

I tried to contact you privately but this message has shown up ( peace999 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. )

I hope I can contact you via email or you at first send me here a private message on this forum. Thank you for initiating help and assistance.

Comment

Cannot be able to reach out you! How to contact you then ?

(peace999 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space. )
                        I don't know how to contact you here. Can I please email you ? or you send me a private message here ? Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X