Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family visa - F1 not moving, how long to opt-out to F2b ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a B1/B2 visa holder now want to apply for F1 visa

Originally posted by Allen Rãhãt View Post
    My name is Rahat . I am a B1/B2 visa holder from bangladesh and got it in february,14 . I went to usa in July,14 and stayed there for almost 3 months. After i get return from there i am willing to study there and thats why i want to apply for the F1 visa from my country . My question is that , Is there Any possibility to get regected from the embassy or is there any possibility to cancel my B1 visa ??? and antother question is that is there any gurantey to get the F1 visa because i am a B1/B2 visa holder ...

Comment

Originally posted by Srie View Post
      My daughter's application was filed under F2b when we were still permanent residents. That time the waiting time for citizens unmarried children over 21yrs were shorter than that of permanent residents. We became citizens in 2013, and our daughter was bumped in to F1 with no change to priority date. Now I am finding that the F1 is stagnant and F2b is moving faster with a shorter waitinng period. I read that under a specific provision of the Child Status and Protection Act (CSPA), the applicant can opt-out or request a change of status back to F2b from F1. Is there anyone out there who did this ? How long does it take to get this transfer ? I am thinking to wait a little longer to see whether F1 will start moving faster to request for an opt-out. I called the NVC and they told me usually the F1 moves faster and has a shorter waiting period but couldnt help me sort out my problem.

Thank you for your ideas and advise.
      I am in same situation. My priority date is Nov 20th 2008. My application was filed in F2b category but as dad became citizen so it transferred to F1. I talked to one of the lawyer and she said that while applying for 1485 i can select F2b category. I don't know how true it is. Please reply.

Comment

Originally posted by chaps524 View Post
        I am in same situation. My priority date is Nov 20th 2008. My application was filed in F2b category but as dad became citizen so it transferred to F1. I talked to one of the lawyer and she said that while applying for 1485 i can select F2b category. I don't know how true it is. Please reply.
        It appears that your Dad can write to NVC and get it re-transfered to F2b. One of the members in this thread had written to NVC and they have asked her to write to DHS and she has now engaged a lawyer. There is another member who was also awaiting a reply from NVC and I believe his priority date is now current. I am awaiting a progress update from these members as to their experience, so we can start writing to NVC or get legal help. Your priority date is closer than mine, so I would advise to write to NVC now.

Comment

F1 to F2B

I am in F1 at the moment because my mother is US citizen now. I was in F2B few months ago. now I want to opt out. Can u please help me with the Letter I want to send to NVC. does it need to be written from a lawyer or I can do it myself. My priority date is december 2009. After I send the letter what do I need to do, Should I call in NVC ? What do I need to do ?
          Can you please help me.

Comment

It appears that your Dad can write to NVC and get it re-transfered to F2b. One of the members in this thread had written to NVC and they have asked her to write to DHS and she has now engaged a lawyer. There is another member who was also awaiting a reply from NVC and I believe his priority date is now current. I am awaiting a progress update from these members as to their experience, so we can start writing to NVC or get legal help. Your priority date is closer than mine, so I would advise to write to NVC now.

ya i did that procedure to written letter to nvc & nvc replied me to contact DHS but i dont know how to contact dhs & which address i have to send my querry so i just hire lawyer my priority date is current i told u early when i get reply i definitely update my status. lawyer told me i have to wait 40 to 45 days for replay.

Comment

Originally posted by nidhi264 View Post
              ya i did that procedure to written letter to nvc & nvc replied me to contact DHS but i dont know how to contact dhs & which address i have to send my querry so i just hire lawyer my priority date is current i told u early when i get reply i definitely update my status. lawyer told me i have to wait 40 to 45 days for replay.
              who is DHS ? my case is the same. should i just contact DHS or first I should send mail to NVC ?

Comment

Originally posted by ZhivkoNedev View Post
                who is DHS ? my case is the same. should i just contact DHS or first I should send mail to NVC ?
                DHS is Department of Homeland Security. Nidhi64 will let us know how to do this when she hears from her lawyer. Since your priority date is Dec 2009, i would think it is better to wait and see how the dates in both categoiries move in the coming months.

Comment

DHS is Department of Homeland Security. Nidhi64 will let us know how to do this when she hears from her lawyer. Since your priority date is Dec 2009, i would think it is better to wait and see how the dates in both categoiries move in the coming months.
                  Thanks
                  Should I contact NVC OR DHS ?

Comment

Glad to have found this forum. I am under exactly the same situation as many of your are (or your relatives). I was under an F2B and then my father became a US citizen bumping me to the F1, which now is around 7 months behind and moving at a slower pace than the F2B. I have a priority date in 2009, but anxious to see those that are going through the CSPA "opt out" process now. Please keep us updated on the process! Many Thanks!

Comment

Did anyone opt out so far? Peace keep us updated.

Comment

Any one managed to move from F1 to F2B ?

Comment

Any one managed to move from F1 to F2B ?
                          I did sent a letter to NVC. Now I am waiting for their reply.

Comment

Originally posted by ZhivkoNedev View Post
                            I did sent a letter to NVC. Now I am waiting for their reply.
                            Awesome ZhivkoNedev. When did you send the letter? Definitely keep us posted! I hope they reply soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist921NY View Post
                              Awesome ZhivkoNedev. When did you send the letter? Definitely keep us posted! I hope they reply soon!
                              I send it on February 10. If I don't get a reply I will call NVC . I will let u know

Comment

F1 not moving, what if i dont inform NVC that my father US citizen?

Originally posted by nidhi264 View Post
                                Thanks u so much for yr replay.
                                i wrote twice email to nvc but no replay from nvc yet...
                                now i already talk with lawyer & he told me it is possible to convert file & his fees $900.
                                do u think so should it be work? i just want yr opinion.

Hello friends,
                                Thank you all for posting on this thread.

My PD is 22nd Feb, 2009. My father filed when he was LPR in Dec,2008.
                                He got citizenship last year and informed NVC regarding for change of address via phone. On phone call, we informed them that my dad is citizen.(NVC confirms with petitioner about the citizenship)

Can you please help me with following questions?
                                1. I just called NVC today and asked about my file status. They informed me that it is still in F2B category. Should i inform them about the citizenship and change the file form F2B to F1?
                                2. What if i don't inform NVC about the citizenship and keep the F2B status as it is? will they revoke the petition?
                                3. Right now i am staying in US on legal visa (H1B), does it affect via applying for Adjustment Of Status(AOS) when my PD is current?

Waiting for your responses.

Thanks,
                                KP
                                Regards,
                                Keyur

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X