Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family visa - F1 not moving, how long to opt-out to F2b ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keyur Patel View Post
    Hello friends,
    Thank you all for posting on this thread.

My PD is 22nd Feb, 2009. My father filed when he was LPR in Dec,2008.
    He got citizenship last year and informed NVC regarding for change of address via phone. On phone call, we informed them that my dad is citizen.(NVC confirms with petitioner about the citizenship)

Can you please help me with following questions?
    1. I just called NVC today and asked about my file status. They informed me that it is still in F2B category. Should i inform them about the citizenship and change the file form F2B to F1?
    2. What if i don't inform NVC about the citizenship and keep the F2B status as it is? will they revoke the petition?
    3. Right now i am staying in US on legal visa (H1B), does it affect via applying for Adjustment Of Status(AOS) when my PD is current?

Waiting for your responses.

Thanks,
    KP

As per my knowledge when yr father become us citizen file automatically convert from f2b to f1.
    i know u didnt inform to nvc but when file is open at that time yr file convert to f1 as law ( my knowledge ).
    my advice u should better consult to lawyer....
    Right now u r in usa this is good for u when file is open it will take very shorter period compare to india.

Comment

Originally posted by nidhi264 View Post
      As per my knowledge when yr father become us citizen file automatically convert from f2b to f1.
      i know u didnt inform to nvc but when file is open at that time yr file convert to f1 as law ( my knowledge ).
      my advice u should better consult to lawyer....
      Right now u r in usa this is good for u when file is open it will take very shorter period compare to india.

Nidhi, according to blog it says the file automatically transfer to F1 form F2B. But that is not true, unless you mail the documents(naturalization copy) to NVC.
      I have confirmed twice by calling NVC(wait time was 30min), that filed is still F2B. They informed me that send naturalization copy to NVC and they will update.

I dont have trust on this lawyers. When i was in India last year, i hired a big lawyer name Micheal Phulwani. Information they shared with me was like crap. They told me that on H1B visa transfer i can't travel to USA without new stamp.
      Unfortunately, today i am in States. I have other blogs too that they shared you can travel.

Anyways, thanks for reply. please keep posting for any new things comes up.
      Regards,
      Keyur

Comment

hi everyone,

my file transfer from f1 to f2b. so it is possible to move back f2b.
        it will take around 70 days for procedure.

Comment

hi everyone,

Hello Nidhi,

Congratulations!! I am so very happy that you got it done. My prayers and good wishers are with you in the next steps making you and your child re-unite. Thank you very much for letting us folks know that this is possible and also about the time duration it takes.

You said your lawyer got this done for you. Did he write to NVC and Homeland Security both ? Where do you think we should send our requests to ?

Comment

Originally posted by ZhivkoNedev View Post
            I send it on February 10. If I don't get a reply I will call NVC . I will let u know
            Hey ZhivkoNedev, it seems like the process takes about 70 days. So wait until the end of next month (April). Hopefully you will hear by then! Keep us updated.

Comment

hi everyone,

Congratulations Nidhi!!
              Could you please let me know your Priority Date?

Thanks,
              Keyur
              Regards,
              Keyur

Comment

I'm in the same boat guys. I converted from F2b to F1 more than a year and a half ago when F1 was still ahead of F2b. Today, my PD is current under F2b. In light of recent movement, or lack thereof, to be more accurate, in the F1 category, do you think it is possible for me to opt-out now? I know a poster here did it, but his situation differs from mine in that I converted to F1 a very long time ago, unlike him who informed the NVC of his decision right before the conversion.

Your input will be greatly appreciated
                Last edited by DrSab; 03-25-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSab View Post
                  I'm in the same boat guys. I converted from F2b to F1 more than a year and a half ago when F1 was still ahead of F2b. Today, my PD is current under F2b. In light of recent movement, or lack thereof, to be more accurate, in the F1 category, do you think it is possible for me to opt-out now? I know a poster here did it, but his situation differs from mine in that I converted to F1 a very long time ago, unlike him who informed the NVC of his decision right before the conversion.

Your input will be greatly appreciated
                  I'm hoping that you can because I'm in a similar situation to you. I think my best advice is to talk to a lawyer who has had experience with CSPA Opt-Out cases. Good luck! Keep us updated.

Comment

Received "Welcome to NVC Letter" for priority date 22nd February, 2009 in F2B

Hello Guys,

i just received Welcome to NVC Letter (ACL FOR WWRO & PAOSF I-130 FOR NEOPOST DS-1200) stating Choose of Agent, Filing fee of $120 and documents checklist that needs to submit.
                    My Priority Date is 22nd February, 2009 in F2B category.

I contacted to NVC and they informed that i have to inform USCIS with letter that my parents got Citizenship, but don't want to upgrade the file from F2B to F1 and thats legal law.
                    Also, they told me to confirm with USCIS regarding Status of Adjustment since right now am in NY,USA.

I called USCIS regarding same, they informed me that i have to update Parent citizenship & Status of Adjustment to NVC. Can anyone please guide me through process. Connected with 3 lawyers, all have different answer.

Thanks,
                    Keyur

Congratulations Nidhi!!
                    Could you please let me know your Priority Date?

Thanks,
                    Keyur
                    Regards,
                    Keyur

Comment

Hello Guys,

i just received Welcome to NVC Letter (ACL FOR WWRO & PAOSF I-130 FOR NEOPOST DS-1200) stating Choose of Agent, Filing fee of $120 and documents checklist that needs to submit.
                      My Priority Date is 22nd February, 2009 in F2B category.

I contacted to NVC and they informed that i have to inform USCIS with letter that my parents got Citizenship, but don't want to upgrade the file from F2B to F1 and thats legal law.
                      Also, they told me to confirm with USCIS regarding Status of Adjustment since right now am in NY,USA.

I called USCIS regarding same, they informed me that i have to update Parent citizenship & Status of Adjustment to NVC. Can anyone please guide me through process. Connected with 3 lawyers, all have different answer.

Thanks,
                      Keyur

Hi Keyur and Nidhi,

Can you please let me know the address or the phone number for USCIS that you wrote to or called to get status adjusted ?

Keyur, I am happy for you that you got your letters from NVC. My priority date is July 2009 and I have to submit a letter to USCIS to get the status back to F2B from F1.

Thank you very much,

Srie

Comment

Originally posted by Srie View Post
                        Hi Keyur and Nidhi,

Can you please let me know the address or the phone number for USCIS that you wrote to or called to get status adjusted ?

Keyur, I am happy for you that you got your letters from NVC. My priority date is July 2009 and I have to submit a letter to USCIS to get the status back to F2B from F1.

Thank you very much,

Srie
                        Hi Everyone,

This whole process is so confusing. My situation is also very similar. However, my PD was in May 2008 and finally I ended up paying all the fees and paper work to the NVC. However, I have not informed USCIS or DHS regarding the conversion from F2B to F1.

Should I be doing that now ? Will that delay my processing any chance ?

Keyur, can you suggest how did you contact USCIS ? You are lucky that you got your paperwork so much in advance as your PD is still not current!

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by liberal_always View Post
                          Hi Everyone,

This whole process is so confusing. My situation is also very similar. However, my PD was in May 2008 and finally I ended up paying all the fees and paper work to the NVC. However, I have not informed USCIS or DHS regarding the conversion from F2B to F1.

Should I be doing that now ? Will that delay my processing any chance ?

Keyur, can you suggest how did you contact USCIS ? You are lucky that you got your paperwork so much in advance as your PD is still not current!

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
                          its my view just go ahead... dont think too much about because if u contact .. .. then getting another trouble
                          u allready submit document to nvc so just wait for visa call this is last step
                          which date did u submit file? my file is also submitted to nvc i just wait for my visa call my pd is same as yr

Comment

its my view just go ahead... dont think too much about because if u contact .. .. then getting another trouble
                            u allready submit document to nvc so just wait for visa call this is last step
                            which date did u submit file? my file is also submitted to nvc i just wait for my visa call my pd is same as yr
                            Thanks Nidhi..
                            1. So are you saying that I don't submit anything else to USCIS or DHS ?

2. I submitted all my documents on March 12th 2015. No response yet. When did you submit all the documents ?

Thanks so much for all the help!!

Comment

Originally posted by liberal_always View Post
                              Thanks Nidhi..
                              1. So are you saying that I don't submit anything else to USCIS or DHS ?

2. I submitted all my documents on March 12th 2015. No response yet. When did you submit all the documents ?

Thanks so much for all the help!!
                              my conversation did through lawyer so i dont know how they did it
                              my file submitted on 13 April 2015 .
                              but my suggestion just call nvc and ask about yr file. ( did u received my file/ review completed... ) so u get update.
                              i guess nvc take 60 days to review so sooner u will get good news. but call nvc..... all the time after some days

Comment

my conversation did through lawyer so i dont know how they did it
                                my file submitted on 13 April 2015 .
                                but my suggestion just call nvc and ask about yr file. ( did u received my file/ review completed... ) so u get update.
                                i guess nvc take 60 days to review so sooner u will get good news. but call nvc..... all the time after some days
                                Thanks Nidhi,

Can you find out from your lawyer whether they notified ONLY NVC or also DHS or USCIS ? It will help everyone on this thread.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X