Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consular Visit - F1 after H1b

Hi there,

I first came to the US on a H1-B visa in 2008. I was renewed in 2011 and approved for renewal in 2014, but before I went home to do the consular processing piece, I was switched positions and work, backed into a corner and essentially forced to resign.

To keep myself in good standing I did apply for a change of status to B-class visa, and spent the summer finalizing plans for school (I was in the application process when i had to make work changes, otherwise I could have just done a straight switch). They sent and RFE and essentially decided not to approve the B-class visa. When I tried visiting some family in Canada (partly also to leave the country and come back in on a visa waiver), I got turned around at the border because they couldn't see any of the information from the application I put in prior to resignation. In the end, they let me re-enter the US after I showed them documentation of my flight home etc.

I am going home in December to do a consular visit with I-20 from school and supporting financial documentation in hand for a course start date in January. I am just worried whoever does the interview/processing will see the questionable patch over the summer and decide not to approve the visa -- does anyone have any thoughts? I genuinely have tried to do everything I could (short of drop everything and fly home...) to keep myself in good standing. There is less than 60 days between the non-approval and me leaving for home.

Any help appreciated!!

Bump...!! Out of US now, consular appointment next week!

Comment

Originally posted by CiaMia View Post
      Bump...!! Out of US now, consular appointment next week!
      Quick update -- visa was approved! Now just hoping I don't have any trouble actually clearing customs/immigration getting back into the country.

Comment

a

Her f1 visa is good for entry into the US until July 31. We plan on returning on July 15.

Thank you,
        Tim

Comment

Originally posted by alinafatima View Post
          Her f1 visa is good for entry into the US until July 31. We plan on returning on July 15.

Thank you,
          Tim

Our excellent online 642-999training programs ccie perfect solutions lead you to success in the ccna basics pdf - Test-king We also offer latest www.mica.edu and Nova Southeastern University with 100% success Quincy University Our Southwestern College is rare in IT world.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X