I will be traveling back to the US with a valid H1B and everything in place, multiple re-entry,Current H1, Previous H1 etc etc.
I have been out of the US for a year due to some personal reasons. Went on a unpaid personal leave. My H1 expires - date on my I-797 by Aug 06.
1. Will immigration have questions why I was out for a year?
I do have a letter from my employer about leave
2. As my H1 will expire this year (6 year tenure) will that be an issue?
3. My LC had been filed and I need to get extension on that- will that be an issue?
4. I just checked my passport my Passport is valid till 15 May 06. I plan to travel by Mid-March. Does my passport needs to be valid for more time?
I can renew it in India as I'm here or get it renewed in the US?
5. As I will be coming back after a year can I apply for a new H1 FOR ANOTHER 6 YEARS?
Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,