Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long can I expect to wait for Oath Ceremony letter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long can I expect to wait for Oath Ceremony letter ?

Hello,

I had my interview on October 30th. The interviewer said that he will recommend my application for approval. At the end he told me, somewhat under his breath, that I can expect a response in 30-90 days. At least I think that's what he said.

I checked my case status online, which states: "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt xxxxxx"

I know it's only been 20 days, and I don't want to seem impatient, but how long can one expect to wait until further action is needed; such as setting up an INFOPASS appointment.

I live in San Diego county, if that is any help.

Thanks.

Pitachok,

Delays in Naturalization oath ceremonies vary by locality, but urban areas like to wait until there are a lot of participants, then have a large public ceremony.

Ranges of time are from the same day to up to 3 months.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Pitachok View Post
    Hello,

I had my interview on October 30th. The interviewer said that he will recommend my application for approval. At the end he told me, somewhat under his breath, that I can expect a response in 30-90 days. At least I think that's what he said.

I checked my case status online, which states: "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt xxxxxx"

I know it's only been 20 days, and I don't want to seem impatient, but how long can one expect to wait until further action is needed; such as setting up an INFOPASS appointment.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Pitachok,

Delays in Naturalization oath ceremonies vary by locality, but urban areas like to wait until there are a lot of participants, then have a large public ceremony.

Ranges of time are from the same day to up to 3 months.

--Ray B
      Thanks for replying Ray.

So you would say it is normal if I end up waiting for up to 90 days, without inquiring into with the local office about it ? I'm pretty sure that the interviewer said that I can expect a reply within that time frame, but I'm not sure since he said it somewhat quietly.

Comment

I think every office does it differently depending on how busy they are

I had my interview today and they approved me and gave me my ceremony appointment right there! I'm scheduled for January.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to call the 800 number to make sure they didn't already send you the notice. Perhaps it got lost in the mail?

Good luck!

Steve

Hello,

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveInVT View Post
          I think every office does it differently depending on how busy they are

I had my interview today and they approved me and gave me my ceremony appointment right there! I'm scheduled for January.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but it wouldn't hurt to call the 800 number to make sure they didn't already send you the notice. Perhaps it got lost in the mail?

Good luck!

Steve
          Thank you for replying Steve.

I'm pretty sure it isn't an issue at the moment, as the online case status check indicates that I am soon to be scheduled; meaning, I am in line for scheduling. I was just wondering how long is it reasonable to wait until making an appointment at the local office to inquire. Just wanted to know ahead of time, since I don't want to have to wait unnecessarily. I already wasted a month, earlier in the naturalization process, waiting for fingerprint appointment that wasn't sent until I made an INFOPASS and talked to an official :P

Comment

Good luck. Pretty sure you got this in the bag! Post back when you get your ceremony date!

Steve

Thank you for replying Steve.

I'm pretty sure it isn't an issue at the moment, as the online case status check indicates that I am soon to be scheduled; meaning, I am in line for scheduling. I was just wondering how long is it reasonable to wait until making an appointment at the local office to inquire. Just wanted to know ahead of time, since I don't want to have to wait unnecessarily. I already wasted a month, earlier in the naturalization process, waiting for fingerprint appointment that wasn't sent until I made an INFOPASS and talked to an official :P

Comment

Originally posted by SteveInVT View Post
              Good luck. Pretty sure you got this in the bag! Post back when you get your ceremony date!

Steve
              I just checked my case status again today, the 27th of November, and it changed to "Oath Ceremony Status Was Mailed"

Should receive it by the 25th of December according to the website.

Comment

Mine was scheduled than changed

I just checked my case status again today, the 27th of November, and it changed to "Oath Ceremony Status Was Mailed"

That's great you got your notice mailed. My case status on Nov 25th said that mine was also mailed out, but on Dec 2nd my case status went back into oath scheduling que. I have no idea why. I called customer service and spoke to a level 2 officer. She said that I was scheduled for an oath on december 12th but wasn't sure why my status changed. She sent an inquiry to my field office (Indianapolis) I got a letter back and all it said on it was "you have been put into the oath scheduling que, you should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. It said nothing about why I was scheduled and then it being put back. I'm pretty bummed since I have been waiting since August 29th (when I passed my interview)

Comment

Originally posted by phia01 View Post
                  That's great you got your notice mailed. My case status on Nov 25th said that mine was also mailed out, but on Dec 2nd my case status went back into oath scheduling que. I have no idea why. I called customer service and spoke to a level 2 officer. She said that I was scheduled for an oath on december 12th but wasn't sure why my status changed. She sent an inquiry to my field office (Indianapolis) I got a letter back and all it said on it was "you have been put into the oath scheduling que, you should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. It said nothing about why I was scheduled and then it being put back. I'm pretty bummed since I have been waiting since August 29th (when I passed my interview)
                  So are they saying that they are basically rescheduling you for another date ? If that is the case it doesn't sound so bad. Perhaps it was a simple scheduling mistake on their part.

Comment

The new designed website does not tell about oath . it only tells you till interview scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by mubbashirs View Post
                      The new designed website does not tell about oath . it only tells you till interview scheduled.
                      Wrong! The website tells about oath ceremonies. I just checked today 05/10/16, and I have a "We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt YYYY X" message.

Comment

Same Issue. Please update.

Could you update what happened in your case? I am having same issue.

Originally posted by phia01 View Post

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X