Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first name is too long. Name mismatch problem while applying SSN

Hi There,

Have got a problem while applying my SSN. My first name length is of 17 character and the SSN officer told me that the application will allow only 16.
    Resulting the last alphabet of my first name got removed. As per SSN officer this is a name mismatch.

He told me that he has accepted my SSN application and I got the acknowledgement for the same.
    Also, he mentioned that there will be some verification done on the same and it might take more than 4 weeks to get my SSN.

Anybody has idea on this. Will this result in rejection of SSN or we need to provide extra documents or something..

Looking for some light on the same...

Thanks in advance.

I am also facing issue getting SSN. My first name has 17 char including space. Still I am waiting for SSN two months over. I went couple of times to SSN office, still no luck.

This time i asked them to remove space in first name (16 char) and try to check for immigration status. its got approved and they said will get SSN in 10 days. Now I am waiting for this. But I am not sure will i get SSN with space or without space.

All other document has space including I94. I not sure why SSN system not accepting... Any help is more helpful for me...

Thanks,
    Shan

Originally posted by udayakumarreddyv View Post
    Hi There,

Have got a problem while applying my SSN. My first name length is of 17 character and the SSN officer told me that the application will allow only 16.
    Resulting the last alphabet of my first name got removed. As per SSN officer this is a name mismatch.

He told me that he has accepted my SSN application and I got the acknowledgement for the same.
    Also, he mentioned that there will be some verification done on the same and it might take more than 4 weeks to get my SSN.

Anybody has idea on this. Will this result in rejection of SSN or we need to provide extra documents or something..

Looking for some light on the same...

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem now. I applied for SSN 2 weeks ago and the officer told because of the long name they can't verify my details and have to be verified directly from the USCIS office in LA(if I heard right). My first name has 20 characters including spaces. It's been two weeks and I am still waiting. Is it really gonna take 2 months? that is a hell lot of time. Hope your problem has been solved by now. Could you please share how much time it took for you and did you try anything to make the process fast?

Thanks,
      Vishnu.

Comment

Originally posted by vishnuv View Post
        Hi, I have the same problem now. I applied for SSN 2 weeks ago and the officer told because of the long name they can't verify my details and have to be verified directly from the USCIS office in LA(if I heard right). My first name has 20 characters including spaces. It's been two weeks and I am still waiting. Is it really gonna take 2 months? that is a hell lot of time. Hope your problem has been solved by now. Could you please share how much time it took for you and did you try anything to make the process fast?

Thanks,
        Vishnu.
        Hi
        I am also facing same problem.Can you please share your experience in your case and how much time they took to resolve this issue.

Thanks
        Venkat

Comment

Originally posted by urmail2ss View Post
          I am also facing issue getting SSN. My first name has 17 char including space. Still I am waiting for SSN two months over. I went couple of times to SSN office, still no luck.

This time i asked them to remove space in first name (16 char) and try to check for immigration status. its got approved and they said will get SSN in 10 days. Now I am waiting for this. But I am not sure will i get SSN with space or without space.

All other document has space including I94. I not sure why SSN system not accepting... Any help is more helpful for me...

Thanks,
          Shan
          Hi urmail2ss,

I am also in Sam position when did you received SSN card.please help me it is almost 2 months for me.

Regards,
          Keerthi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X