Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Green card category from EB2 to EB1

Hi,

I started working with a company "A" back in Jan 2007 and my Green Card was filed under EB2 category on 29th Sept 2009. Currently, my PERM and I-140 has been approved and now waiting for I-485 to be filed when the priority dates becomes current.

Post filling by green card in 2009, I went back to India in January 2010 on a global mobility program and started working for the same company "A" in their India office. I came back to USA in November 2014 and resumed USA office with the same employer "A". However during the years worked in India I got promoted to Manager and now when I came back to USA I got posted as Manager.

So my questions is do I qualify for changing my green card category from EB2 to EB1 as I have transferred from international location in a managerial position.

Please advice.

Regards,
    Sahil.

Change Green card category from EB2 to EB1

I think while applying for eb1 or changing to eb1 from eb2- criteria is that - in last 3 years you should have spent at least 1 year as a manager outside of usa. That makes you a global manager and thus eligible for EB1
    Please verify once more from authority and let me know as well

Comment

The previous poster is correct. As long as you were employed as a manager executive outside USA and you can demonstrate such role, you are likely eligible for EB1-C.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

L-1B to L-1A and GC

Originally posted by DMX17 View Post
        The previous poster is correct. As long as you were employed as a manager executive outside USA and you can demonstrate such role, you are likely eligible for EB1-C.
        Hi DMX17 - may I ask if international manager criteria also holds true for someone who gets his visa converted from L-1B to L-1A after being on L-1B for almost 4-4.5 years. Does he still need to go out of the U.S. and work as a manager in order to file the GC in EB-1 category?

Can he not work on L-1A for 1 year and then get his GC filed by his employer?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X