Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would ICE, DHS or police come knock on my door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would ICE, DHS or police come knock on my door?

My F1 is currently terminated due to low attendant in school. As a rule says, I need to leave immediately. Not so sure how immediate it has to be. I decide not to re-instate and will leave the US in about 30 days after I got terminated. My questions:

1. During the 30 days after the termination, how likely that ICE or DHS officers will come knock on my door and detain me?
    2. If they don't come during my 30 days overstay, is there any chance that they would come after I left? I Don't want to get other people who live in the same house any trouble. (I'll definitely surrender my I-94 upon departure)
    3. Would ICE or DHS or related agency check exit-data before come arrest someone.
    4. I heard that after the school submit a terminate record, the system will automatically alert in the immigration system and that would raise the flag. Anyone know that if I submit I-94 at the time of departure, would it go to the system and clear the flag automatically?

Please help

Hello, USStudent.

From what i understand, ICE officers do not immediately come after people who do not have their legal status. If you land up in police net for something (speeding etc.), then of course you are inviting trouble. But, as such they do not come immediately unless someone complains about you. Personal opinion - do check with other people.

Also, USA stores everyone's entry and exit record. So, upon your exit, your travel details will definitely get fed into their database.

I would suggest you to not spend too much time in USA after losing legal status - it will complicate matters for you if you ever wish to come to USA again.

Wishing you luck. Personal opinion.

Cheers,

Originally posted by usstudent View Post
    My F1 is currently terminated due to low attendant in school. As a rule says, I need to leave immediately. Not so sure how immediate it has to be. I decide not to re-instate and will leave the US in about 30 days after I got terminated. My questions:

1. During the 30 days after the termination, how likely that ICE or DHS officers will come knock on my door and detain me?
    2. If they don't come during my 30 days overstay, is there any chance that they would come after I left? I Don't want to get other people who live in the same house any trouble. (I'll definitely surrender my I-94 upon departure)
    3. Would ICE or DHS or related agency check exit-data before come arrest someone.
    4. I heard that after the school submit a terminate record, the system will automatically alert in the immigration system and that would raise the flag. Anyone know that if I submit I-94 at the time of departure, would it go to the system and clear the flag automatically?

Please help
    These are my personal thoughts. I am not a professional.

Wishing you luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X