Change of Status from F2 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Status from F2 to F1

I have submitted paper application on september 16 2014 to change my status from f2 to f1. I have recieved a receiptt number in return from vermont center. Still to date , I have not received any update of my status. I have requested for expedition but it was denied. If I am not approved by january first week, my admission is going to get cancelled as the univ does not offer any graduate course in the summer. Can I directly contact any officer from the vermont center explaining my situation via email ? From the uscis website it shows 2.5 months processing time for vermont center, as my case is outside the processing time already what else can I do? by 2.5 months do they mean working days excluding the weekends and holidays? please suggest? Have you received f1 status recently to attend Spring 2015 yet?

Originally posted by Ana 7722 View Post
    I have submitted paper application on september 16 2014 to change my status from f2 to f1. I have recieved a receiptt number in return from vermont center. Still to date , I have not received any update of my status. I have requested for expedition but it was denied. If I am not approved by january first week, my admission is going to get cancelled as the univ does not offer any graduate course in the summer. Can I directly contact any officer from the vermont center explaining my situation via email ? From the uscis website it shows 2.5 months processing time for vermont center, as my case is outside the processing time already what else can I do? by 2.5 months do they mean working days excluding the weekends and holidays? please suggest? Have you received f1 status recently to attend Spring 2015 yet?
    oh dear and I thought my case was bad. Damn I Hope dey reply you before January. Have you tried submitting an inquiry? Well my own cas was received on the 6th of October and I Have been so disturbed cos I haven't received it by now. Try submitting an inquiry.

Comment

Hey ana, yesterday I spoke with a uscis customer service agent and she said that they are processing applications filled on 22nd of September so I think you shud call them and find out why your case is outside the processing nd also why you haven't heard anything from them yet.

Comment

I just hope things will work fast this January, school is about to resume and it seems uscis don't work with school when it comes to changing visa status to f1.

Comment

Originally posted by graceymeryl View Post
          I just hope things will work fast this January, school is about to resume and it seems uscis don't work with school when it comes to changing visa status to f1.
          I was thinking the same thing too. They don't work according to the processing time and also towards the school resumption dates.

Comment

Hi,

As per my suggestions, you should be follow this links regarding to change of status from F2 to F1.. http://www.immihelp.com/forum/archiv.../t-105383.html

Comment

was you CoS approved?

Hey anna was you change of status approved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X