Sticky mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky mess

I met a Chinese woman and fell in love. We want to get married and live together in the US. The problem is that 2 years ago, she married a man in Florida. He started the immigration process and the application is currently sitting at the NVC, waiting on the form 864. After the wedding, he became abusive and she left him. She asked him to cancel the visa and give her a divorce, but he is refusing to do either. Now, she cannot get a travel visa because she was told to just wait for her green card at the interview, and I cannot marry her until she is divorced. She is stuck. She cannot travel here to divorce him here, and he will not travel there to divorce her there.

I started a conversation with the husband. He has agreed to submit the form if he has assurances from me and her that she will not pursue his assets in a domestic divorce. He is also demanding money and assurances from an immigration lawyer that if he brings her here and she divorces him here, it will not stop him from being able to sponsor a woman from Thailand. He is still married to the first woman and refuses to divorce her, but is focused on the next woman in his life. This is the kind of man he is.

I have a narrow window of opportunity here. Due to the nature of my business, if I do not get something moving quickly, it will be next winter before I can make anything happen. I am open to all suggestions. Please share any ideas on how to proceed. This is all new to me. I found a woman and fell in love before I learned how challenging it will be to bring her home. Now, I have no choice. She is the one I love and want. I spent 2 weeks in China with her and now I will be returning to stay 6 or 8 weeks with her.

All suggestions are considered hypothetical. Do not hold any ideas back because they could be considered unethical or illegal. Those suggestions or ideas may lead to others that are more ethical or legal.
    Last edited by Charles in Texas; 12-24-2014, 12:28 PM.

I guess that the best thing to do would be to agree to her current husband's demands and get her divorced. Of course, provided that is acceptable to her.

Then you can marry her.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

She is desperate to be rid of him. She is agreeable to whatever it takes, as long as she does not have to see or speak to him. For the last year, she has been sending him text messages, asking him to come to China to divorce. Now that we are in love, she is happy to do whatever it takes to be with me. She has agreed to place the matter into my hands and trusts me to make sure she does not get hurt by him again.

Comment

I have spoken with him again. His big hesitation is his concern that bringing her here will prevent him from being able to bring a different woman. I told him that it happens frequently. I told him American men find foreign women, marry them, bring them home, and then the women divorce the men. The men find another woman and start over. He is reluctant to take my word for it. Am I correct? How common is it?

If she cancels the spousal visa, can she get a travel visa to come here to divorce him?

I am still open to suggestions.
        Last edited by Charles in Texas; 12-25-2014, 04:53 PM.

Comment

He has sent the scanned documents to her and me. She reviewed the docs for errors and forwarded the digital copies to the NVC, or USCIS - whichever it is at this point. I am unfamiliar since I am not the one who initiated the process. We have our fingers crossed that the paperwork is error-free and acceptable so that she gets the interview soon. He has agreed to send the originals to me here so that I can hand-deliver them to her when I arrive there next week. It is possible that she will be here, in my home within the next 90 days, depending on the interview date. She will be packed and ready to leave by this time next week. We will travel to a warm and beautiful place to wait for her interview.

Since I will be gone for 2 months, there is no need to reply to this post. If I have any problems or further questions, I will post again. Thank you for your advice in this matter.

Comment

Helo

Originally posted by Charles in Texas View Post
            I met a Chinese woman and fell in love. We want to get married and live together in the US. The problem is that 2 years ago, she married a man in Florida. He started the immigration process and the application is currently sitting at the NVC, waiting on the form 864. After the wedding, he became abusive and she left him. She asked him to cancel the visa and give her a divorce, but he is refusing to do either. Now, she cannot get a travel visa because she was told to just wait for her green card at the interview, and I cannot marry her until she is divorced. She is stuck. She cannot travel here to divorce him here, and he will not travel there to divorce her there.

I started a conversation with the husband. He has agreed to submit the form if he has assurances from me and her that she will not pursue his assets in a domestic divorce. He is also demanding money and assurances from an immigration lawyer that if he brings her here and she divorces him here, it will not stop him from being able to sponsor a woman from Thailand. He is still married to the first woman and refuses to divorce her, but is focused on the next woman in his life. This is the kind of man he is.

I have a narrow window of opportunity here. Due to the nature of my business, if I do not get something moving quickly, it will be next winter before I can make anything happen. I am open to all suggestions. Please share any ideas on how to proceed. This is all new to me. I found a woman and fell in love before I learned how challenging it will be to bring her home. Now, I have no choice. She is the one I love and want. I spent 2 weeks in China with her and now I will be returning to stay 6 or 8 weeks with her.

All suggestions are considered hypothetical. Do not hold any ideas back because they could be considered unethical or illegal. Those suggestions or ideas may lead to others that are more ethical or legal.
            Consider talking to am immigration lawyter , they can give you the best advice and way forward

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X