Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what part of the process have you "applied" for a visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what part of the process have you "applied" for a visa?

Wondering what part of the application process is considered that one "has applied for a US visa"? Is it after you turn in the DS and the fee? After an interview? It is my understanding that they log biometrics from you before the interview, is this considered the second to last thing to move from applying to applied?

I ask because i'd like to use the automatic visa revalidation (AVR) to travel this holiday and my plans to go back home didn't work out. I have however started the application process back home, up until having an appointment and having to cancel it because I can't do it until spring break/ i can reschedule it. It appears to me that with AVR, it doesnt work if you've applied for a visa during it, but it looks like if its only at a consulate in the areas permitted under it? My adviser said that that is his understanding of it too.

Just to double check i guess i was wondering if starting the process is generally considered applied for? Or would it be after the interview?

Thoughts?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X