Can you please advice if CP would be a wise decision??
I was laid off from company A while in H1 status. Company A said my H1 status with them would be valid for 1 month from the date of lay off. I got a new H1 after 3 months with company B, which applied for my GC. In the employment history.. I have a gap of 3 and 1/2 months between employments with the present and previous companies.
I do not know if company A cancelled my H1 as they mentioned they would after a month of layoff.
Will I be considered out of status during those 3 months
and could that be a ground for denial of my CP?
My PD is expected to be current in the next cutoff dates
and I already received Packet III. I am hesitant to discuss that with my attorney as he does not encourage CP much.
Thanks for your response