Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal of Indian passport

Hi ,

I am currently in the US with a H1 visa. My passport is expiring in the month of Jun 2015. I am planning to travel to india in Feb 2015 . While i am in india , i am planning to renew my passport .

Planning to do it in tatkaal . What is the present address that i need to give ? Should it be my US address or should it be my permanent address.

Or is it better to renew in the US itself.

Can somebody help on this

Thanks
    Chocks

Its totally up to you which address you want on your passport. You can give your Indian address or your US address. when you fill the online application form, you need to submit 2 addresses...the only thing is which address you want on your passport is very.......Both have their merits and demerits like.

If you are living on rent in US, its not good to give US address that are going to print on passport as the rented address change frequently when you move out...better in that case fill Indian (permanent/your home) address that are going to print on passport and second address as US address (your present address).... This also help you a little in some cases dealing with Indian works like loans and other stuff where your passport required as a document....

if you have permanent address and want to live long time or permanently here, you can give your address...it also increase your NRI status merit .

Anyway, its totally up to you and there is no rule on it.

Also you can apply here for renew or in India, both will work....

Just a thought and not legal...so take your own decision for your job...

Comment

Question?

Did you get your passport renewed in India? I had the same question and was wondering which address I should put on the application form... I was planning on putting my Indian Address under both present as well as permanent address sections even though I have been residing in the US for a while. There are no clear guidelines on how to handle this situation on passport seva website. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X