Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPT STEM Ext RFE updated online : Request for Initial Evidence Notice Was Mailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT STEM Ext RFE updated online : Request for Initial Evidence Notice Was Mailed

Hey all,

I applied for STEM OPT extension on oct 7,2014 and today (01/08/2015) after 90 days ....they changed status of my case that "Request for Initial Evidence Notice Was Mailed"
    On January 7, 2015, we suspended processing of your case, Receipt Number SRC YYYY YYYY , because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume work on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for initial evidence notice by February 5, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My 12 month OPT will expire on Jan,19th,2015.....So,now i am very confuse and i don't have letter yet.

1)what is missing ?? i submitted all documents .....what does mean that :" Request for Initial Evidence Notice Was Mailed " ??

2)Can i continue working after my opt will expire ??

3)If yes for second question then do i need to inform some one ??

4)How long it will take once i will submit missing documents ??

5)Can i directly go to uscis office with an appointment ?

I don't have much idea about this RFE thing. Please help me and let me know the best answers.

Thank you in advance!!

Originally posted by viru1210 View Post
    Hey all,

I applied for STEM OPT extension on oct 7,2014 and today (01/08/2015) after 90 days ....they changed status of my case that "Request for Initial Evidence Notice Was Mailed"
    On January 7, 2015, we suspended processing of your case, Receipt Number SRC YYYY YYYY , because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume work on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for initial evidence notice by February 5, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My 12 month OPT will expire on Jan,19th,2015.....So,now i am very confuse and i don't have letter yet.

1)what is missing ?? i submitted all documents .....what does mean that :" Request for Initial Evidence Notice Was Mailed " ??

2)Can i continue working after my opt will expire ??

3)If yes for second question then do i need to inform some one ??

4)How long it will take once i will submit missing documents ??

5)Can i directly go to uscis office with an appointment ?

I don't have much idea about this RFE thing. Please help me and let me know the best answers.

Thank you in advance!!
    It happened to me today. I was hoping you could share with me how it was resolved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X