Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking Indian Citizenship, Transferring Funds to India

Hello,

I am new to this forum. And I have benefited a lot from reading the vast amount of material that is out there, so I am really thankful to everyone! I have a new question that I was hoping to get help on.

I am married to an Indian and have been living in India for a few years now. I moved here after my undergraduate in the US and have been living here for 10 years now. I am a Nepali citizen with Indian origin. I am in the process of renouncing my Nepali citizenship and taking an Indian citizenship by marriage (or by Registration as the Indian government calls it). As a Nepali, I have so far not needed a VISA to India. Now, my question is, how can I transfer my funds from the sale of my assets in Nepal and invest in property in India. As I plan to reside in India permanently, it makes most sense for me to transfer all my assets to India but so far I have not found any information on how to do so. If anyone can help or knows of any lawyers or experts I can contact, I would really appreciate.

Thank you!

Yes, that is certainly possible.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X