Visa expiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa expiration

My F1 visa is expiring soon. Right now I am on 1 year OPT which will finish after 6 months and I am working legally.

Can I travel to India and come back before my visa expires?

How many days before that expiry day I can/should come- (for example : are 2 days enough?)

In short, I have a valid F 1 visa, 1 year OPT, job offer and I need to travel to India for family events.
    Can I re-enter USA just 2 days before my valid VISA expires?

Please reply me if you know the answer. I have to make urgent decision.

Thank you very much for you attention and reading my post.
    Last edited by Bhartiya; 01-11-2015, 06:14 PM.

Originally posted by Bhartiya View Post
    My F1 visa is expiring soon. Right now I am on 1 year OPT which will finish after 6 months and I am working legally.

How many days before that expiry day I can/should come- (for example : are 2 days enough?)

In short, I have a valid F 1 visa, 1 year OPT, job offer and I need to travel to India for family events.

You can travel as long as your visa is valid even if only one day is left. However it is always recommended to have 6 months valid visa to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhartiya View Post

You can go the length of your visa is substantial regardless of the fact that stand out day is cleared out.

Comment

Visa

Originally posted by Jot18 View Post
        You can travel as long as your visa is valid even if only one day is left. However it is always recommended to have 6 months valid visa to travel.
        Thank you very much for your reply.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by georgegoode View Post
        You can go the length of your visa is substantial regardless of the fact that stand out day is cleared out.
        I am sorry but didn't understand what you said.
        Can you just answer Yes or No. Can I reenter USA on my valid visa just one day before it expires?

Comment

yes you can!

Ideally you can travel even with only 1-2 days left for your visa expiry. But I say ideally because, god forbid you are delayed in arriving to US for some reason, then you will be in trouble. And seeing that you are working here, you are risking a lot. That is why it is advised to keep atleast some days validity before you travel. You can consult an immigration lawyer on this to get a much clear legal perspective. http://www.opencounsel.co.uk/area-of...migration-law/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X