Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entering U.S on Visitor Visa (B1/B2) and then Convert to Student (F-1) Visa

Hi,
    My brother from India has a B2 visitor visa valid till March 2015 and he is applying for an Bachelors in Business Administration program at a Univeristy in Virginia for the September 2015 intake.He has Not applied for his F-1 student visa yet. based on this I have 2 queries as follows:

(1) Should he apply for his B2 visitor visa extension so that his visitor visa is extended beyond March 2015 before applying for F-1 visa? Is it possible to have 2 visa status at the same time i.e B2 visitor visa AND F-1 student visa?

(2) He has plans of visiting U.S in February 2015. Considering the fact that he does go for his visitor visa extension by January 31,2015 and indeed gets visitor visa extension approved for another 5 years, then can he apply for F-1 student visa in March 2015 from U.S.A?

Thanks Ahead of time!!!

Originally posted by Rahul Sharma View Post
    Hi,
    My brother from India has a B2 visitor visa valid till March 2015 and he is applying for an Bachelors in Business Administration program at a Univeristy in Virginia for the September 2015 intake.He has Not applied for his F-1 student visa yet. based on this I have 2 queries as follows:

(1) Should he apply for his B2 visitor visa extension so that his visitor visa is extended beyond March 2015 before applying for F-1 visa? Is it possible to have 2 visa status at the same time i.e B2 visitor visa AND F-1 student visa?

(2) He has plans of visiting U.S in February 2015. Considering the fact that he does go for his visitor visa extension by January 31,2015 and indeed gets visitor visa extension approved for another 5 years, then can he apply for F-1 student visa in March 2015 from U.S.A?

Thanks Ahead of time!!!
    I wud really advice you brother to apply for a f1 visa at the embassy instead of changing his status or extending it cos am in a position where I have not gotten a reply yet for my changing of status and thereby I had to miss my school's registration and defer my admission also if he does choose to change his status within the country, he needs to apply online cos if he does paper based application meaning submitting it thru mail then he wud have to wait 6months for a reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X