Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing universities during J1 waiver

Hi,

I am a post-doc on j1 visa from india (valid until June 2016). My city comes under the jurisdiction of Consulate General of India - Chicago. I have received all three NORI clearances from india. My post-doc advisor is relocating to South Carolina which comes under Consulate General of India - Atlanta. I am moving with my advisor and I don't have enough time to complete waiver before I move. Can I complete remaining waiver process after moving to South Carolina with NORI clearances that I have received?

Any advice will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Sunil

Update on your situation

Hi,

I am in a similar situation and wanted to know if you have already got a waiver or did you have to apply for new NO letters from India since you would have gotten a new DS form after the transfer. Please share your experience.

Thanks,
    T

Originally posted by sunmil View Post
    Hi,

I am a post-doc on j1 visa from india (valid until June 2016). My city comes under the jurisdiction of Consulate General of India - Chicago. I have received all three NORI clearances from india. My post-doc advisor is relocating to South Carolina which comes under Consulate General of India - Atlanta. I am moving with my advisor and I don't have enough time to complete waiver before I move. Can I complete remaining waiver process after moving to South Carolina with NORI clearances that I have received?

Thanks.

Sunil

Comment

Hi Sunmil,

I am also in the same situation. I initiated waiver process in Virginia, which falls under the jurisdiction of Washington DC. I got all the letters from India of Stage II in Virginia. But now I have moved to New York and I am in process of Stage III. This falls under the jurisdiction of New York state. Can you please suggest which embassy/consulate I should apply to for Stage III. I will really appreciate your help.

Regards

Originally posted by sunmil View Post
      Hi,

Thanks.

Sunil

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X