Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused whether to bring my wife on F2, F1 or wait and get her on H4 once I am on H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused whether to bring my wife on F2, F1 or wait and get her on H4 once I am on H1

Hi,

I graduated in my Masters degree in December 2014. After I graduated I went to India and got married. Currently, I am working for a big firm on OPT. My wife is in India currently and she wants to pursue Masters in August 2015. She has applied to Universities on the basis of her GRE and TOEFL scores and she is awaiting admits. My dilemma is what is the best way to bring my wife to the USA.

Option 1: Bring her here on F2 dependent visa and then convert it to F1.
    Concerns: I have heard since I am on OPT the chances of denial of her F2 visa are high

Option 2: Make her give a separate F1 visa interview on the basis of her admit
    Concerns: Since her marital status will be married the interviewer might ask what does your husband do, to which she will say he is on F1 OPT. Will that reduce her chances of getting a Visa?

Option 3: If her F1 gets rejected apply for H4 on the basis of my H1B that will come into effect on October 2015
    Concerns: Since her F1 visa got rejected will that increase her chances of denial of H4 visa.

I would be greatly thankful if people in similar situation or having more knowledge can give me some insight. Thank you so much.

Can someone who has been in similar situation please help me out.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X