Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing F-1 to B-2 Status and then back to F-1, Is It Possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing F-1 to B-2 Status and then back to F-1, Is It Possible?

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to change my visa status from F-1 to B-2 and then back to F-1. Here's why I would like to do this:

I plan to enter the US on an F-1 visa to attend school for language study during Spring Quarter (I already have the I-20 and am currently in process of applying for the F-1 from my home country).

After studying during Spring quarter, I would like to travel around the US during the Summer months.

I would like to resume studies in Fall or Winter quarter (most likely Fall).

Since I am only starting my studies in Spring quarter I do not qualify for the traditional time off in the Summer (my school tells me that I have to study 3 consecutive quarters before I qualify for taking one off while still on my F-1 visa). If leaving and then re-entering the US is necessary or better, then I would prefer to visit a nearby country for a short visit rather than travel so far to go all the way back to my home country for the change in visa status.

Thank you for any help you might give. I did a search but all I could find were people wanting to know about a straightforward change from B-1/2 status to F-1, and mine is a little more complicated than that scenario.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X